twenty two

‧₊˚ WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO TALK TO?
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO IF THERES NO YOU?
taylor swift

HELENA WAS seething. Her dark brown eyes were squinted, her face a crimson red as she breathed, attempting to calm herself.

"What a fucking dick." She finally spoke. "I'm going to kill him. No, yeah, I'm going to murder him."

Adi chuckled softly from her twin bed, twisting the sheets between her fingers. "It's fine."

"No it's not." Helena cocked a brow, blinking at Adi like she was crazy. "Fuck a hockey player. He should win best actor of the year award. All, "Adi, I'm never going to break up with you!" Bullshit."

"Yeah, tell me about it." Adi blew air from the corner of her mouth, tugging on the sleeves of her sweater.

Helena was leaned back, tying her sneakers. "He's lucky he's in Jersey. 'Cause I'd be digging his grave. Maybe, I should start. It'll be nice and cozy if he comes for a visit."

Adi covered her face. "God, don't say that. First year is already over next month. So, is their season. I'll have to see him every single day."

"Well, Adi Blue, work on your; forgetting he exists skills." Helena raised her brows, her hands falling
to her lap. "Are you sure you don't wanna come out? It's just a small hangout."

Adi nodded, waving her off. "I need to unpack anyways."

Helena didn't fight her, sliding off her best friends bed before planting a kiss on the side of the blonde girls head. "Be good!"

"Says you!" Adi shouted, hearing the door shut.

The room was silent, her thoughts bouncing off the walls as she glanced around. Her eyes landing on her bedside table.

Adi stared at the picture of her and Luke, taken just two weeks ago. Arms around one another, large smiles on their faces. She could her heart rate accelerate the longer she stared.

A groan left her lips as she turned over to her side, her phone buzzing had her furrowing her brows.

New Message from : HUGGY 🫶

HUGGY 🫶
i wanted to catch u before u left
sorry i didn't get to say bye

ADS
yea. all good.

HUGGY 🫶
you only send periods when ur mad
are u mad at me?

ADS
i don't want to talk abt this quinn.
he's ur brother.

HUGGY 🫶
okay?
just because he's my brother doesn't mean
i can't check up on you.

ADS
appreciate it
i'm perfectly fine
don't worry abt it

HUGGY 🫶
i think your full of shit adi blue.
but i won't force it out of you
if you wanna talk about it, be my guest.

ADS
did you know?

HUGGY🫶
that he was going to end it?
ADS liked a message
no i didn't adi.
i wish i did i would've told him how much of an
idiot he was
but my brother comes into my room on the verge of tears...i know something is wrong.

Adi could feel her stomach twist as she ran her eyes over his message again and again. Was Luke seriously that affected? By his own actions?

ADS
was he really that upset?

HUGGY 🫶
of course he was adi
you both are stubborn people
it's just now about who will crack first

ADS
it's not going to be me quinn.
he ended things, not me
i'm not revolving my life around him anymore
he's the one that wanted it

HUGGY🫶
we'll see.
anyways, im not getting in between you two.
i just don't want you to shut me out now.

ADS
you're not luke
i'm not gonna shut you out.
i'll see you next month :)

HUGGY🫶
yes i will.
we'll talk about this then
take care of yourself.

short lil chapter
quinn is so big brother core