Love & Torture

No spoilers, as long as you have watched through Season 8, a bit of an AU theme for this one. Its a little short sorry, but i didn't know where else to go with this.

Sam walked into the bunker for the first time in six months. He had left to give Dean some space, after one of their fights. What Dean didn't know was Sam had only now been able to try to return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean looked up in surprise when he heard the bunker door open, to see Sam standing at the top of the stairs.

"Sammy?" Dean asked in disbelief, standing up quickly.

"Hey Dean," Sam whispered, looking at his older brother shyly.

Dean covered the distance between them quickly, pulling Sam into a tight hug. Sam stiffened, awkwardly returning the hug. Dean pulled back, trying to get a good look at his little brother.

"What's wrong, Sammy? You okay?" Dean asked, frowning in concern. Sam shook his head slowly, fighting not to burst into tears,

"I...I... can't..." Sam stammered, as he stammered uncontrollably. Dean scowled at Sam, wondering what had happened in the six months that had scared his brother so badly.

"Was it clowns again?" Dean asked teasingly, not seeing the look that passed over Sam's face.

"No Dean, no clowns. Just um, torture and stuff." Sam said in a weak voice, attempting to be nonchalant. He walked past Dean, before he could react and to his room, which he promptly shut behind him.

Dean's eyes widened in shock. "You were tortured? My little brother was tortured alone for six months?" he asked aloud in disbelief. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that his little brother had been through that. He moved quickly, walking into Sam's room without knocking.

Sam had just taken his shirt off, and had no time to cover up when Dean walked in. His back and chest were covered in slash marks, whip marks, brands, healed scars, and newly healing scars. He had so many bruises around those marks and on his ribs, it was easy to see that it hurt to breathe and move.

"Oh my!" Dean gasped in disbelief. "Sammy?" he asked gently, not wanting to startle his brother. Sam jumped in fear, his face going white in shock.

"D... dean?" Sam asked weakly, as he started trembling hard. "I d...didn't...t want... you t...to... s...see..." he stammered sadly.

Dean immediately took Sam's shirt from him and put it on the bed. He lightly touched each scar, cut, and brand. He leaned over kissing each one gingerly, treating each one like a boo-boo on a young child. As he did all this, silent tears fell down his cheeks as he was realizing the damage this had done to his little brother.

Sam watched Dean quietly, seeing the tears and looking surprised. He thought he would panic and not let Dean touch him, but it turns out he trusted Dean one hundred percent.

"Why are you crying?" Sam asked, Dean in a a childish voice. He didn't want to upset his brother, but he did want to know what he was thinking. After all he was Dean, and cried like ever.

"Because, someone hurt my baby brother and I had no idea what was going on. I failed you, Sammy. I promised I'd watch out for you always, and look what happened. I'm so sorry, Sammy." Dean said brokenly, wanting so desperately to take Sam's pain and fears away.

Sam hugged Dean tightly, relieved that his brother wasn't mad. His own tears joined Dean's, as he sobbed his heart out.