Math and the Flu Over Christmas Break

This was requested by one of my favorite requesters, and they requested a story with two prompts in one. Weechester/ Teenchester: Dean 14, Sam 10. Over Christmas break, Dean is helping Sam study his harder times tables, feeling really nauseous and coming down with the stomach flu that has been going around Sam's school recently. I hope you all enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John walked into the kitchen, noticing Sam was focusing really hard on a math book. He saw Dean sitting in the living room, zoning out at a boring documentary from the looks of it. He walked over to Dean, putting a hand on the boy's shoulder. 

"Any signs yet?" He asked gruffly, sneaking a peek at Sam who was oblivious.

"No, he has been fine and eating like a fiend." Dean said somberly. He looked over at his little brother, relieved that the stomach flu hadn't hit him yet. They were both well aware that a particularly brutal strain of stomach flu had passed through Sam's class twice in the month that led up to Christmas break. They kept expecting Sam to get really sick, but he kept surprising them. 

"Dean?" Sam asked softly, startling his older brother out of his revelry. 

"Yeah, Sammy?" Dean asked, blinking a few times as a pain shot behind his eyes. 

"Can you quiz me on my times tables? I had trouble on my last test, and I don't want to lose anymore points on my grade." Sam said softly, looking a bit lost. 

"Sure, kiddo. Let me get some water, and I'll come help you." Dean said, turning off the tv and getting up. He grabbed the back of the couch, breathing quickly through the overwhelming feeling of dizziness that washed over him. 

"Dean?" Sam asked in concern, moving to get up. 

"I'm okay, just stood up too fast after sitting so long." Dean said quickly, shaking the lingering sensation off and walking into the kitchen. He was inwardly relieved when Sam seemed to accept that answer and returned his attention to his math, since he didn't want to be touched. He could feel a minor fever building beneath his skin, and didn't want Sam or his Dad knowing he was starting to feel pretty crappy. 

He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, snagging some Tylenol slyly and swallowed them swiftly, before sitting down at the table. "Alright, lets get you all set for the next test." he said firmly, grimacing as the water and Tylenol hit his stomach and sent it churning. 

Sam nodded, handing Dean his flashcards, showing math problems like 246x34=. He needed to practice solving these problems, without a calculator and in his head. He handed Dean the calculator too, before looking up and seeing that Dean's face was pale and he was starting to sweat. 

"I need to solve those problems, without a calculator and in my head." He explained, watching Dean pull his sweatshirt tighter around him. "Are you okay, Dean?" he asked gently, wondering what was going on. 

Dean looked up in surprise, chuckling softly. "No problem." he said, taking the supplies. "Yes, Sam, I'm just cold." He said, giving Sam a look to back off. 

"Did you just say you were cold?" John asked, walking in from a shower.  

Dean swallowed hard briefly. "Yes, sir. I feel like I can't warm up today." he admitted, looking at the table hard, to avoid looking up at John. 

"It's 78 degrees in here... I agree with Sam, are you sure you're feeling okay?" John asked suspiciously, knowing that 78 degrees was warm enough to make just about anyone who wasn't sick, feel too warm.