Nerves Suck!

Requested by the amazing and very talented Louistopslilo209. Minor spoilers from Season 10. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie paced outside the bunker, waiting for Sam and Dean to walk out to the impala. 

"Its okay... it'll be okay... nothing bad is going to happen... you won't mess this up..." she said frantically, clasping her hands tightly. 

Sam walked outside, looking slightly agitated. "Dean! The djinn isn't going to fight itself!" he yelled, looking back at Charlie in surprise. 

"Yeah, yeah."Dean hollered back, not quite ready to walk out the door yet. 

"You okay?" Sam asked Charlie in concern, seeing she was shaky and pale. 

Charlie looked up, looking like a deer caught in headlights. She nodded briefly, not trusting herself to speak and not puke. She hadn't felt this nervous in ages, and it was making her feel really lightheaded and nauseous. 

Sam raised an eyebrow, wondering what was going on with their newest addition to the hunting business. He got into the impala, watching Charlie quietly. 

Charlie shook her head, trying to break apart the never-ending mantra of babbling, going through her anxiety-driven mind. She got into the impala, closing her eyes as her mind kept swirling. She didn't even open them when Dean walked outside and got into the impala. 

"Took you long enough." Sam quipped, rolling his eyes in Dean's direction.

"Well I'm sorry, I had to make sure that the bunker wasn't going to burn down while we are gone." Dean snapped, driving off towards the incident site, only a few hours away. 

Charlie whimpered softly, squeezing her legs flush against her stomach. Her brain was whirling so much, that she was beyond dizzy now.

"Dean? Sam?" she asked urgently, as she felt her stomach contents rushed up her throat. 

Dean didn't hear anything, too occupied by his music playing and trying to annoy the heck out of Sam. 

Sam glared at Dean, before reaching over and turning off the music. 

"Hey!" Dean protested loudly, causing Charlie to wince.

"You okay, Charlie?" Sam asked pointedly, feeling bad for their friend. 

"Pull over, please." Charlie gasped out, fighting against her gag reflex.

Dean's eyes shot up to the rear view mirror, immediately taking in her position and composure. 

"Feeling sick?" He asked in concern, not liking hoe pale Charlie's face had gotten. 

Charlie grabbed Dean's arm frantically, gagging into her other hand. 

"Hang in there, I'll pull us over." Dean said quickly, pulling the impala over on the side of the interstate. 

Sam got out quickly, opening Charlie's door, and helped her out of the car. 

"It's okay to be nervous its your first hunt, since Dick Roman." he said gently, rubbing her back lightly. 

Charlie nodded weakly, grabbing Sam's arm as she doubled over. She gagged harshly, vomiting repeatedly on the gravel outside the car. 

Dean got out of the impala in a rush, vaulting over the hood of the car, and moved to Charlie's side. 

"Easy kiddo, what happened? Are you coming down with something?" he asked worriedly. 

Charlie wiped her mouth, gagging softly each time she swallowed. 

"Not sick, nervous." she stammered, turning away to start retching onto the gravel beside them. 

Dean pulled her hair away from her face, as the retching changed to painful heaves. 

"Try to breathe through it." Sam encouraged gently, rubbing her back lightly. He winced, as he felt each heave before they happened. 

"Its okay to be nervous," Dean said softly, rubbing her neck lightly, as he spoke. 

Charlie panted weakly, relieved that her stomach had stopped heaving finally. 

"I'm just afraid, I will screw it up." She admitted, her voice breaking in the middle, as she fought tears. 

Sam pulled her into a tight but caring hug. Charlie returned the hug, sniffling softly into his chest. 

"I've messed up tons of hunts, but we are both still here." he offered softly, motioning for Dean to hug her too.

Dean rolled her eyes, but joined the hug anyways. 

"We all make mistakes, but we always work it out in the end. We will do the same with you too." Dean promised. 

Sam nodded his agreement, kissing her hair lightly. 

Charlie pulled back, wiping her tears away, and looked at them with her hands on her hips confidently. 

"Thanks Sam, Dean. I'm sorry for freaking out, but I didn't want to risk botching it. Then I remembered what Sam said once, 'about being like Hermione', and I realized we'd be okay no matter what." she said happily, relieved that they were being so understanding. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All three got in the impala, and completed their hunt. Turns out Dean botched it, not Charlie. Who knew?!    

I hope you enjoyed this little story!