Chapter 16

Hi guys! This is just a filler chapter. I'm so sorry it's been forever and I'm only doing a filler, but I've been super busy with my new job.

Chapter 16:

Andy's POV

I loved hanging out with McKenzie and Starr. I already knew McKenzie was fun, but Starr was as well.

At the moment we were piled in the living room watching Warm Bodies. CC, Jake, Starr, and I were sitting on the sofa with McKenzie laying across us, her head on my lap and her feet on CC's. Ashley was sprawled out on the floor, texting and not paying attention to the movie. Jinxx occupied the rocking chair, also texting. Probably keeping in touch with his wife.

McKenzie started giggling at the zombie guy on screen and the rest of us joined in. Hey it's not everyday you hear a zombie say "Fuck yeah."

About ten minutes later, the main guy got shot and everyone was happy because he was bleeding. Soon after, the movie ended. McKenzie was grinning.

"I love that movie!" she exclaimed. Starr laughed slightly and agreed.

"I don't get it." CC frowned.

McKenzie poked at his frown. "What don't you get?"

He stuck his tongue out to lick her retreating finger. "How did they go back to human? Just by seeing love?"

Jinxx nodded thoughtfully. "I think it's supposed to be an underlying meaning."

Starr raised an eyebrow. "Wait, what?"

"Yeah," McKenzie agreed with Starr. "What?"

Jinxx smiled. "The zombies are our society: unfeeling and unable to communicate effectively. The humans are the few people who still have that bit of hope that we'll be okay. And when the rest of society saw that one of the uncaring was brought 'back to life', they felt that they could too."

They all gaped at how deep he sounded. He chuckled.

"What about the Bonies?" Jake finally asked.

Ashley joined in. "Government."