Chapter 18:

I'm not saying who won. It will be a surprise. Sorry for the wait. Enjoy!

~~~

Chapter 18:

Two months later

McKenzie's POV

"Starr!" I yelled from the tiny kitchen we had in our dorm.

"What do you want?" she shouted back from where she was laying on her bed reading fanfiction.

"Where did you put my sour gummy worms?" The girl knew I was addicted to those things ever since the boys bought me a pack on tour. They were delicious.

I heard her laugh evilly. "You will never find them."

I narrowed my eyes and crept into the bedroom. She didn't hear me until I let out a battle cry and dove on her.

She squealed and tried to fight off my tickles. "No! Go away! Stop! I'll tell you!"

I leaned back a little, sitting on her legs. "Where are they?"

She rolled her eyes. "Let me get up and I'll show you."

I cautiously stepped off of her. She instantly leapt up and raced away. I ended up chasing her around the dorm room for half an hour before we both collapsed on the floor, out of energy.

Starr used the couch to pull herself up and plopped down on it, pulling her phone back out.

I stood and leaned over the back of the couch. "Whatcha reading?"

"Fanfiction," she replied casually. I raised an eyebrow and attempted to read over her shoulder.

The first name I saw was "Andy" and I started laughing. "You're reading Black Veil Brides fanfiction even though you know them?"

She shrugged. "It's kinda cute. This one girl met Jinxx when she was performing at a coffee shop, and he introduced her to- Oh my god, that's what you're gonna do!"

"What?" I straightened up, confused. "I already met Jinxx."

"No, not that." She stood and clapped her hands together, completely forgetting about her phone. "We're going to get you gigs at coffee shops and stuff!"

I was still confused. "But... I've already met Black Veil Brides. I don't need to perform and accidentally meet them-"

"You are not the brightest crayon in the box, are you?"

"What do you mean?" I crossed my arms, pouting.

She sighed. "The gig isn't to help you meet anyone. It's to get you out there. You enjoy performing, yes?" I nodded. "So then do it. Even if you don't get discovered or whatever, you still get to do what you love."

I nodded thoughtfully. "Good point. Okay, sure. But I'll need to practice, and find someone to play for-"

"Girl." she interrupted me. "You're looking at someone who knows how to play guitar, keyboard, violin, and drums. I think you're good."

I laughed. "Thank you."

Starr shrugged. "No problem."

Starr's POV

Two weeks after I convinced McKenzie to perform, we were finally ready. I had secured a gig at the large Starbucks a few blocks away. The owner said if we did well enough the first time, we could become regulars.

McKenzie was super hyped up. She was nervous as well, but it wasn't too much. We had practiced a lot, and I was going to switch between guitar and keyboard, depending on the song.

It was finally Friday, the day we were performing. Classes had just let out, so we were getting dressed to go.

While McKenzie was getting dressed, I sent out another Tweet. I had been sending them daily since we got the gig. McKenzie thought I was being crazy, but retweeted them anyways.

"@fallingStarr95: Hey fans of @mckenz13 ! We're about to head down to Starbucks to perform. All you New Yorkers and visitors, come drop by!"

McKenzie stepped out of the bedroom in a nice pair of black skinny jeans and a neon green cami under a black sequined vest. She looked ready to perform.

I had just pulled on my best pair of blue skinnys and a white button up shirt. I tossed her a pair of heeled sneakers and pulled on a pair of Vans.

We were ready.

As a pair of broke college students, we didn't have a car, so we walked to Starbucks. Along the way, McKenzie saw my Tweet and retweeted it, laughing.

My phone dinged with more Twitter notifications. The boys of Black Veil Brides had all retweeted it, as well as members of other bands McKenzie apparently knew. It was amazing.

Once we stepped into Starbucks, we told the manager. She pointed us over to the small stage they had up front and said we could help ourselves to coffee and snacks while we waited to start.

I grabbed a frappe and settled down next to the keyboard, waiting. My eyes widened slightly at the number of people seated at the tables. Sure, this was a pretty large Starbucks, but there was no way these people just so happened to be here.

I caught McKenzie's eyes right before we started and grinned. She smiled back and grabbed the microphone.

"Hi, I'm McKenzie, that's Starr. Uhm, here's some music for you guys to listen to while enjoying the amazing Starbucks."

I tried not to laugh. McKenzie didn't like Starbucks. She must be trying to get on the manager's good side.

"Here goes..."