Chapter 24

Here's your update (:

Chapter 24:

--Starr's POV--

Jake, unlike last time, couldn't come straight to our dorm to help McKenzie with her insane relationship problems. Instead, he Skyped McKenzie and me from his computer.

"Okay," he sighed. "So the different dates didn't help you make a decision?"

She shook her head, pouting. I chuckled and answered for her. "I think they made her problem worse."

"Have you told them you can't choose?" Jake asked, leaning a bit more towards the camera, as if looking closer would actually make it seem as if he was there with his friend in need.

McKenzie once again shook her head. "I'm afraid to. I'm afraid to upset them or make them angry."

Jake nodded slowly, sitting back a little. "Do you really think they'd get mad at you?"

She shrugged. "Maybe?"

A doorbell chimed in the background of Jake's side of the conversation. He groaned and stood, telling us he'd return shortly. When he did, he had someone with him.

"Oh, hi Andy!" I greeted cheerfully. He sat down next to Jake and grinned.

"Hey Starr. Hey McKenzie. What's up?"

McKenzie frowned. "Uh. Nothing. Jake was just helping me out with something. Thank you Jake, I'll do what you said. We've got to go, bye guys." She quickly ended the call, the last screen being one of Andy looking confused and Jake looking apologetic.

I turned to her with an eyebrow raised. "What just happened?"

She shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself. "I don't know. I can't talk to Andy."

"Why not?" I asked, genuinely concerned. This was strange, even for McKenzie.

She let out a long sigh. "He hasn't spoken to me in months. It's my turn to give the silent treatment."

"Maybe he's been-"

"Don't you dare say he's been too busy," she interrupted me. "Jinxx has been having marital problems, and even he keeps up conversations with me almost daily. It's what friends do, right?"

I nodded in agreement. "Fair point. Okay, maybe he lost your number?"

She raised an eyebrow. "With four bandmates who all talk to me on a regular basis?"

I sighed, giving up. "Yeah, you're right. That's pretty messed up. Okay. So you're going to do what Jake said?"

She nodded. "Yeah. I'm gonna tell Christian and Ashley that I can't choose, and see what happens."

I smiled lightly, patting her on the arm. "Good girl."

"Oh, hush." She rolled her eyes and went to grab a banana for dinner as she did her homework.

I decided to ignore her small appetite for once, letting her make her own decisions. She was strong and smart. She could handle herself..

--McKenzie's POV--

After my short conversation with Jake and writing a quick assignment for my Music Business class, I sent a text to both Ashley and Christian, each containing the same words.

'We need to talk. Can you come visit this Saturday?'

After they each replied with an affirmative and I told them a time, I stood and went to find Starr, who had disappeared into her bedroom.