Chapter 8: Patrol

A/N: Hello my peoples! *looks around* Welcome back, *looks under table* to 'The Ghost, *checks closet* Brother' *opens fridge* Ok where is the Angry Mob?

Angry Mob: *appears* You rang?

Me: AH NO I DID NOT!

Angry Mob: We think you did

Me: WHYYYY?!?! So yeah, sorry I haven't updated in a bit. Life and that annoying thing called writer's block came knocking. But now life has settled down and writer's block has packed his evil little bags, I'm back! Enjoy!

Third Person POV

*Three weeks later*

Danny was in Dick's old room, sitting on his bed. In his hands was a picture of the Grayson family, in front of the circus tent. The picture had been taken a few months before the show that ended in the Flying Grayson's fall. Mary and John held each other, smiles on their faces and their eyes showing nothing but kindness. Dick was smiling had his arm wrapped around his younger brother's shoulder and was playfully messing with Danny's hair. Danny's eyes were closed and his mouth was in the form of a laugh. Danny smiled sadly at the picture. It had been three weeks since the fight on the roof and Dick's disappearance.

There hadn't been any form of contact from him, and no one around Gotham had seen any sign of Robin. Not law enforcement, not citizens, not even criminals. Danny was beginning to grow extremely worried. He had thought Dick would take a day or two to cool down and then he'd be back. But it had not been a day or two, it had been weeks. Danny was beginning to think his brother was never coming back. Dick had promised he'd always be there, that he'd protect Danny, that he wouldn't let his little brother fall again. But here he was, falling, and no one was there to catch him.

A knock on the door startled the younger Grayson. "Master Danny?" Alfred's voice came from the other side of the door. "Master Bruce would like to see you."

Danny sighed. The past few weeks he had been avoiding Bruce, aside from patrol. But even then the two barely spoke. Danny knew that it was his own choice to stay with Bruce. He couldn't abandon the man who had taken them in, raised them as his own, helped them through their parents' death. There was no way he could repay the billionaire for that. But Danny couldn't help but wonder, was Dick right in saying that he did not raise them, but crime fighters instead? Maybe if Danny had told Dick about Zucco and got him to come with him, Dick would still be around.

Placing the photo on his brother's bed, Danny stood up and walked to the door. He grabbed the knob and turned it, opening the door a crack so that he could make eye contact with the butler. "Tell him I'll be down in a minute," Danny said. Alfred nodded and walked off, leaving the younger Grayson to his business.

ADMIRE THE ALL MIGHTY LINE BREAK! NOW CONTINUE READING!

Bruce Wayne say in his office, staring out the large window. He was beginning to grow concerned over the older Grayson brothers' disappearance. He knew that Dick could take care of himself just fine, and he just needed some time to himself. But three weeks seemed like more than enough time. No sign of the raven haired teen had been found anywhere. It was as if he had vanished from the face of Gotham.

Dick's disappearance had taken its toll on Danny. The young teen spent most of his time in his older brother's room, only coming out for meals and patrol. Though he tried to hide it, Bruce noticed that Danny was unfocused during patrols. He was looking for his brother, waiting for the bright colors of his suit to jump into the fight from the shadows or sneak up behind him on a rooftop. But he never did.

His disappearance did not just effect Danny, but Bruce as well. He had grown to care for the boys as if they were his own. They brought joy into his life that he had not felt for years. Their energy and inquisitive natures never failed to bring a smile to his face. With Dick leaving, Bruce felt like he had lost a part of himself. He was determined not to lose Danny as well.