Chapter 12: A Surprise Visit

A/N: Hello wonderful peoples. Did ya miss me? Admit it you missed me

*crickets*

Me: Ouch, that hurts.

Angry Mob: We missed you *raises pitchforks*

Me: *takes a step away from mob* Okaaaay. Well anyways, really sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Life's been rough. But I'm back now and I should be updating all my stories! So I hope you enjoy the newest chappie of 'The Ghost Brother'!

Oh and P.S.  I'm gonna be a little random and say that by this point, we're in the end of Teen Titans Season 4 and Trigon has been defeated. Please no hate on this, I've already gotten enough complaints just regarding Danny's first hero name and I don't feel like dealing with more.

Third Person POV

*Six months later*

Gotham City: Wayne Manor

Bruce Wayne sat in front of his desk in his home office. He was currently looking over missing person's reports and frowning. Danny had disappeared over six months ago and there had yet to be any sign of him. The billionaire grew more and more concerned as each day passed without any word about the boy's well-being. First Dick, now Danny, it was official.

Bruce was the worst father ever.

He angrily threw the papers onto his desk and stood up, the chair making a scraping noise against the floor. Bruce stormed out of his office and through the quiet manor. The quiet manor that had once held the laughter and cheering of two excitable teenage boys. Sometimes, Bruce thought he could still here the boys chuckling from up above him, then he would look up to see no one there and remember that he was once again all alone. Bruce shook those thoughts from his head and continued on his mission. He entered his study and adjusted the time on the old clock, causing the secret elevator to be revealed. Stepping inside, Bruce began to ride it down to the Batcave.

For those long six months, Bruce had been searching the city as both Bruce Wayne and Batman for any sign of his young ward. At first, he feared that Danny had been kidnapped and held for ransom as he had been out of costume, and anyone who knew about Bruce Wayne could have recognized one of his young charges. But after the first two weeks with no phone call or note demanding money or something else, Bruce pushed the idea away. His second thought was that he had harmed himself in some way and was weak, alone, and scared. The boy had no memories according to Dr. Thompkins. That information had only made Bruce's worrying that much worse. While he continued to search for Danny, Bruce started searching for Dick as well. The elder Grayson had been gone longer than his younger brother and Bruce was equally concerned for his well-being.

The elevator reached the Batcave and Bruce stepped off, heading straight for the large computer. He walked past the glass container holding Danny's 'Crow' uniform, but didn't dare look at it. The billionaire sat himself in the seat and began typing away on the keyboard. He began searching for... well, everything. Missing people, found people, new hospital patients, Robin sightings. That last search result actually turned up something.

A news article.

Bruce selected the article and enlarged it on the screen. The headline read 'Teen Titans Save City from Destruction!'. The picture below the headline showed five teenagers standing triumphant over a pile of orange and black robots. There was a floating girl with bright red hair in a purple outfit. Her hands were alight with green energy. Beside her was a green tiger that almost looked like it was smiling. On the other side of the scene was a dark skinned teen who looked to be half human, half robot. Next to him was a figure wearing a dark purple cloak. And, standing in between the two groups, was the colorful figure of Robin.

Bruce's eyes widened and he stood up quickly, taking a closer look at the colorful clothed boy on the screen. It was the same uniform, he looked to be the same height, his hair was a little different but everything else looked exactly the same. "I found you," Bruce whispered. He pressed a button on the panel, not once tearing his eyes off the screen.

"Master Bruce? Is something wrong?" Alfred's voice said from a small speaker.

"No Alfred," Bruce replied, still staring at the screen, "But I need you to do something for me."

"And what would that be sir?"

Bruce smiled, "Send a letter to Titans Tower in Jump City."

hi, i'm the littlest line break. i'm filling in for the all mighty line break. just wanted to let you know that. hope you're liking the chapter. bye now.

*Two weeks later*

Jump City: Titans Tower

The Titans returned to their newly rebuilt home after their battle with Raven's terrifying father, Trigon. The battle was hard and they almost didn't survive, but in the end, they joined together and Raven defeated her demon father. The team was currently celebrating in their tower. Music was playing and the teens were laughing and eating snacks Cyborg had put together. Even Raven was having a good time, cracking a small smile. But the party was soon interrupted by a loud knocking noise. Cyborg shut off the music and the Titans were all equally confused. "What the heck was that?" Beast Boy questioned.

"It sounded like it was coming from downstairs," Robin stated. The Titans rushed down to the main level of their home and walked into the entrance hall. Another loud knock was heard. It was definitely the front door. Everyone braced themselves for an attack, pulling out their weapons, activating their powers, and in Beast Boy's case, turning into a vicious animal. Robin approached the door just as another knock sounded, the other members of the Titans right next to him. Their eyes were narrowed as Robin's hand reached the door handle. In one swift movement, Robin flung the door open and the Titans braced for an attack.

But with one look at who was on the other side of the door, they all lost their battle stances and stared in shock. The figure in front of them chuckled. "Hello Titans. I do hope I am not interrupting."

None of them replied as they were all having trouble processing that the man in front of them was the mighty Batman.

A/N: AHHHHHH YES I KNOW IT IS REALLY SHORT PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!! I promise the next one should be longer. But I finally got the Titans in, are ya proud of me?!

*crowd cheers*

Me: *bows* Thank you, crowd of my sad imagination. See you all in the next one!