Chapter 36: One Last Time

Third Person POV

Vlad silently watched from the shores of Jump City, staring at the large T-shaped building in the middle of the water. A blob ghost hovered by his side, its expressionless form nuzzling close to its master. Vlad reached out and gently stroked the blob, smiling at the tower. "Go my pet," he purred, "go and find our prize."

The blob bobbed in acknowledgement and started its trek towards the tower. Vlad continued to smile as he watched it go. His army of blob ghosts hovered behind him, awaiting his next command. Just knowing this filled Vlad with immeasurable joy. He was once again in control. He was the master. No longer the marionette tied to the puppet master's strings. The voices couldn't hurt him here, no one could. He was Champion after all.

Vlad suddenly felt a hot pain flash in his chest and swiftly reached into his cloak, pulling out a black bag and pouring the contents of said bag into his hand. His eyes widened as he realized that he had just finished his third bag, leaving only one more. Frowning, he tossed the contents of the bag in his mouth and swallowed dryly. He was running out of time, and quickly. He knew he should have stolen more, but his time frame had been so short he could only grab the bare minimum in order to still have a chance to escape.

"I have to hurry." He whispered. "Before it's too late."

Normal Line Break here. Man these chapters just keep coming out later and later. I'd say attack Phantom but they're currently MIA so... just keep reading the chapter I guess?

"You sure about this Danny?" said Robin as they finished going over their attack plan for dealing with Vlad.

The white-haired teen nodded. "It's the only reasonable solution Robin. It may not seem like the best option, and it certainly isn't our only one, but this is something I need to do." Danny bit his lip, repeating the plan over and over in his head. He had convinced himself that this was the only thing left that he could do. Vlad was his responsibility, it's only fair he take part in the final fight.

Robin sighed, "If you say so." He turned to the other Titans. "Everyone ready?" He asked.

The Titans nodded, no one saying a word. They had all gone over this plan many times and despite them not fully agreeing on it, Danny would not be swayed. They just had to hope the ghost boy could deal with the after-effects of his actions.

Danny shivered as a trail of blue mist breezed past his lips. His eyes widened immediately and rushed to the large window of the tower, pushing past his friends. Outside he could see one of Vlad's green blob ghosts hovering, its faceless body seemingly staring at the tower. "Game on guys!" Danny shouted as he phased through the window of the tower.

"Danny, wait!" Robin shouted racing to the window, but it was too late as Danny was now outside the tower chasing after a now fleeing blob ghost. Robin cursed under his breath and spun around. "C'mon! We gotta go help him!" He shouted. The five Titans raced out of the tower and after Danny.

I AM THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LINE BREAK, INSERTING MY GREAT AND POWERFUL SELF RIGHT HERE IN THIS PART OF THE CHAPTER BECAUSE I CAN! SHOWER ME WITH YOUR PRAISE AND OFFERINGS! NOW YOU MAY CONTINUE READING!

Danny chased after the blob ghost, knowing it would lead him to Vlad. He had to figure what had happened to Vlad before he could even have a hope of facing him in combat. Just the shock of seeing him again had almost destroyed the young halfa. Add that to the whole Vlad being confused on why Danny was 'the exact same' or whatever that meant.

Something was different about the elder halfa. Before if he was near, Danny's ghost sense never went off. Now, it went off as if he was facing Pariah Dark's army all over again. The young halfa had more questions than he had ever had before and he had a feeling that the answers weren't going to come easily. Despite everything he had to face Vlad, even if it meant endangering his new family. The Titans could take care of themselves, the blob ghosts weren't exactly at the top of the food chain in the Ghost Zone, but Vlad was Danny's.  He would allow no interference.