Chapter 19: Family Matters

A/N: Before I start this chapter I'd like to give a big thank you to everyone who offered ideas and suggestions on where I should take this story next. I now have a set storyline for this story and, unless I go into one of my 'decision fits', it should remain unchanged. All your ideas were great and appreciated. Thank you all so much for the support. Now, without further ado, I give you the next chapter. Enjoy!

Third Person POV

Masked eyes slowly opened to see a white ceiling. Robin groaned as he sat up in his bed and- Wait bed? He didn't remember ever getting in bed. Robin searched his memories to try and figure out why he was in his room, when he suddenly remembered his friends. They 'attacked' him and somehow forced him to sleep. Robin frowned and got out of bed, any feeling of exhaustion gone. He exited his room, fixing his hair and uniform on the way to the main room of the tower. Just as he finished straightening out his shirt Robin opened the doors to the living room to see his friends standing in front of the main computer with all sorts of screens on the window of the tower. All the Titans whipped around to face Robin once they heard the doors open. Robin furrowed his brow as he looked at his friends. "What's going on here?" He asked.

The raven haired teen's eyes drifted to the screen to see multiple news reports on the hero known as Crow along with a map of cities within one hundred miles of Wisconsin. His eyes widened behind the mask as he figured out what his friends were doing. They were looking for Danny behind his back! "Rob, it's not what it looks like." Cyborg said, walking over to the brightly costumed teen.

Robin's eyes narrowed in anger, "What it looks like is that you're going behind my back about finding Crow."

"Okay, so it's exactly what it looks like," Beast Boy commented, "But we're doing it for your own good dude."

Robin couldn't help but feel betrayed by his friend's actions. Finding Danny was his mission, his goal. He was the only one who could do it. He was the one that needed to do it. It was his fault that Danny was missing in the first place. If only he hadn't left maybe Danny would still be around. Robin mentally shook his head, this wasn't the time for self-pity and 'what-ifs'. 

Cyborg had paused in approaching Robin, so Starfire made her way over to her friend, "Please do not be angry with us Robin. We did not mean to upset you but when we spoke to Batman we-"

"You talked to Batman!" Robin cried, his voice laced with shock and anger. Starfire shrunk away from her friend and went to float beside Cyborg. Robin was shocked that his friends went this far behind his back. He could understand looking into the leads that he had gotten while looking for Danny, but contacting Batman? That was one step too far. Now he no doubt knew what Robin's situation was and waiting to take over the search for Danny. Robin frowned, he would never let Batman see him give up.

Robin turned away from his friends and began to walk out of the room. Starfire began to follow after her friend but Cyborg gently grabbed her shoulder. She looked over at the mechanical teen and he shook his head. Robin needed to be alone right now so he could cool off. They knew he would talk to them again when he was ready. And when he did, they better have the mother if all apologies waiting for him.

Robin went back to his room and firmly closed the door behind him. Walking over to his closet he opened it and reached for the loose panel in the back, removing it and taking out the picture hidden behind it. He went to sit on his bed and removed his mask. He wanted to see the picture as Dick Grayson, not Robin. The picture was of him and his family. It had been taken many years ago during the boys' first tour. At the time, Danny had been five and Dick had been seven. The two brothers were dressed in their original red and gold family costumes and they stood with their parents in front of their promotional poster. Danny sat atop his mother's shoulders and Dick was doing a handstand on his father's. The whole family was smiling. 

Dick stood up and placed the picture back in its hiding spot and replaced the panel. He put his mask back on and stared at his door. He knew that his friends were just trying to help, but this was his mission. He needed to find Danny and make things right between them. Danny was all the family Dick had left and he had abandoned him. How could he even call himself Danny's brother at this point, he never even bothered to contact Danny to tell him that he was okay. Robin shook his head. No, he needed to stop thinking about the past and focus on the present. He was going to find Danny and never leave him again.

Walking out of his room, Robin made his way back to the living room of the tower. He was ready to face his friends calmly and rationally. He was going to thank them for trying to help, but this was his mission alone. The dark haired teen knew that they were going to protest but he would hold his ground. He would compromise with them in a way if needed. Mainly about him eating and sleeping regularly again. Robin had to admit, finding Danny might be easier if he let them help but he couldn't. Like he had said so many times before finding Danny was his mission and his alone. Danny was his responsibility no matter what Bruce said. He and Danny were blood.

And blood must stay together.

A/N: AHHHH YES I KNOW ANOTHER SHORT CHAPTER! Please be patient with me, I'm working on getting this story on where it needs to be. I promise I will do my best to make the next chapter longer and out sooner. Thank you for reading and I'll see you all in the next one!