Chapter 20: Not So Bitter Reunions

Third Person POV

Danny was heading home after nightly patrol with Sam and Tucker, determined to make it home before his ten o'clock curfew. The past few months of his life had been crazy. He had dealt with an amulet that turned a girl he liked into a dragon, a crazy ghost bounty hunter that wanted him as one of his many 'pets', living technology and school bullies, not to mention a haunted locker with the spirit of a kid who had been bullied at Casper High for years. And it all led back to that fateful day at school where he battled a meat monster and decided to become a hero. His most recent adventure had involved a wish granting ghost named Desiree. During that event, Danny learned he could shoot ectoplasmic energy rays out of his hands. Needless to say, it had been a pretty awesome moment. If only it hadn't been overshadowed by Tucker wishing himself to be half ghost and almost leading to an inescapable fate. But in the end everything worked out for the better.

Now Danny's main concern was arriving home before he missed his curfew and got in trouble with his adoptive parents. He had already missed curfew almost every day for the past two weeks and he was currently on thin ice with them. As Danny made his way home on his electric scooter he smiled as he saw the large Fenton Works building come into sight. "Finally," he said, glancing at his watch to check the time and smiling as he saw the clock read 9:57, "One day I get home on time without any ghost detours making me miss my ten o'clock curfew." But apparently, Danny had spoken too soon as at that moment he felt a cold sensation in his chest and blue mist poured out of his mouth. Danny stopped his scooter and looked up at the sky to see three ghost vultures flying through the air. They phased in and out of houses, scaring people as they did. Danny sighed, "Or not. Going ghost!"

Danny drove his scooter behind a nearby van and called forth his ghost half. Once his transformation was complete Danny flew up into the sky and caught up with the old vultures, flying alongside them. He turned to the leader and quipped, "You fellas look lost. Um, any chance of you staying that way?"

The leader of the vultures kept his head forward and retorted, "Mind your own business, fancy pants ghost boy." The vultures then flew down towards a bus and phased inside. Confused, Danny followed after them and phased into the bus. He saw the three vultures each taking a seat on the bus.

Another one of the vultures sighed and turned to the leader, "Hey, we've been circling this town for hours. We could have been halfway to Florida by now. Ask for directions."

"I know where I'm going!" The leader insisted.

"You so do not, ask him!" Said the third vulture, pointing to Danny.

"Ask me what?" Danny asked irritated. The vultures stretched out their wings and took off, phasing through the roof of the bus with Danny close behind. The four ghosts regrouped in the air with the vultures sticking close together and Danny prepared for a battle.

The leader of the vultures sighed and slowly flew close to Danny, "We're on a search-and-destroy mission. Can you help us find and peck to death this guy here?" The vulture pulled out a picture of a young Jack Fenton and showed it to Danny.

"Jack?" Danny said confused.

"Ah-ha, see? I told you he'd know where he is." The second vulture said. 

In response, Danny fired an ectoblast at the leader of the vultures. The leader quickly dodged the blast and shouted, "Nice try, kid. Get 'im, boys!" All three vultures charged at once at Danny, circling around him a high speeds.

"Give it your best shot, guys! I'm a whiz at dodgeball!" Danny quipped. The vultures stopped circling and flanked Danny on all sides. In unison, the all charged at the teen. Danny swiftly dodged the attack and the vultures crashed into one another. "Okay, technically it's "dodge-beak," but who cares?" Danny said, shrugging. The vultures quickly recovered from crashing into one another and charged at Danny once more. They were about to repeat their same attack and Danny avoided it, but the birds stopped before they crashed into each other. The white haired teen flew towards a clock tower and gasped as he noticed the time. "Agh. It's almost ten!"