Ch.6 Un-dead truth

Peyton was frozen with fear as she watched as Vincent devoured the rat, or at least it looked like he was drinking it's blood. She wanted to run, but she couldn't move, but instead she felt the to go box slip from her now week fingers as it fell on the ground making a noise that caught his attention. When he turned to her, she saw that his eyes were a vibrate yellow and blood covered his mouth, chin, and fangs. She couldn't even gasp as his eyes turned back to normal and his fangs went away.

"Peyton" he gasped with shock as he stood up as she took a step back.

Vincent couldn't believe it, she had found out the truth about him.

"Peyton I can explain" he said as he tried to hide his nervousness.

"You're uh-" she gasped as she pointed to the bloody dead rat that was still in his hand as he dropped it "You're uh-".

"I know this is insane but you don't have to be afraid of me" he assured with his hands up.

"You're a vampire!" she screamed.

Vincent could feel guilt in his heart as he saw the fear in her eyes. He didn't know what to do as she backed away some more before she took off running. He knew their night was ruined, and it was all his fault.

Meanwhile, Peyton ran as fast as she could until she hid behind a building, and after making sure he wasn't following, she pulled out her phone and started to call Molly. In their dorm, Molly was watching an episode of 'Vampire Diaries' when her cell started to ring as she answered it.

"Hey Peyton" she said.

"Apple pie! Apple pie! Apple pie!" Peyton exclaimed, remembering their code word.

Pretty soon Molly drove up to the store Peyton was in front of as Peyton quickly got into the car.

"Go!" she ordered as Molly took off.

"Okay-" Molly said as she drove down the street "Can you explain what's going on and why you had to use the code word?"

"Remember when we first saw 'Twilight' and we both wished we could have a vampire boyfriend?" Peyton said with a nervous look "Well I got one."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that Vincent is a blood sucking vampire!"

"A what?" Molly said confused.

"A vampire! I didn't believe it at first but then I saw him sucking the blood of a rat and he had these eyes and fangs and- he's a freaking vampire!"

"Okay calm down."

"I can't calm down!" Peyton exclaimed "I can't believe he's a blood sucking monster! It all makes sense now, he always in the shade, he cringed when he saw my blood, he wouldn't eat the garlic bread, and perhaps that why he's only available at night."

She then took a deep breath.

"Molly you have to believe me" she begged "Vampires are real, it's been bunked."

"I- I don't know what to say to that" Molly said a bit confused "Do you at least have evidence?"

"I wish but no."

"Well I'll believe it when I see it, but until then, I recommend you stay away from Vincent."

"Oh I will" Peyton assured as she then gave a sigh "I just can't believe this, was he planning on biting me and drinking my blood tonight? I could of been killed."

"Good thing 'Apple pie' came in handy" Molly put in.

________

After Peyton ran away, Vincent went to a graveyard and sat against a tombstone full of guilt. He finally found a girl he liked, and he just had to ruin it by getting distracted by a rat, and not to mention his only chance of getting a cure.

"Well" he turned and saw Zack coming towards him.

"Your first victim-" he smirked "And you scared her away, good job."

"I didn't mean to scare her-" Vincent scowled "She just saw me in the wrong place in the wrong time."

"And yet you didn't do anything about it, you just let her run."

"Well I wasn't going to kill her."

"I thought that the point, I mean your job is to use the app to get girls to go on dates with you, and when it's time, you take haft of their blood, and then you give the rest to you know who. And that's in order."

"You know what?" Vincent frowned as he stood up "Give me another job to do, because I am not gonna be killing anyone!"

"You're a monster now-" Zack frowned back "It's your job to kill, I mean you kill animals all the time for their blood."

"That's different, you know I don't drink human blood."

"Oh you will eventually" Zack assured as he got closer to Vincent "Because human blood is a lot more tastier than animal blood, in fact, it's actually the best blood ever."

"I don't care-" Vincent growled "I will never drink human blood, and there is nothing you can do to make me."

"Fine-" Zack held his hands up "Suit yourself, but you know that if you don't do your job, then no cure, meaning you're gonna live the rest of your un-dead life as a blood sucking monster, and Peyton is gonna be forever scared of you. I knew you liked her from the moment you guys met, and I tried to warn her about you, and look what happened, she found out the truth about you and she ran away in fear."

Vincent clenched his fists as he felt his blood boil.

"But since she doesn't know about me-" he smirked "Looks like it's my turn to make my move."

"You stay away from her" Vincent growled as he grew out his fangs.

"Oh what are you gonna do about weakling?" Zack teased "Become her vampire hero like Edward Cullen?"

"Okay Edward Cullen is not a real vampire" Vincent put in "I mean what vampire sparkles in the light?"

"Good point. But still, if you're not gonna take her blood, then I guess I will."

"I don't think so" Vincent growled as he kicked Zack in his stomach which sent him flying back and across the ground.

Knowing that this was going to start a fight, Vincent got ready to battle as Zack got up now furious.

"You shouldn't of done that" he growled with his fangs out and his eyes turned red.

Vincent was expecting Zack to fight him, but instead, Zack used his vampire speed and strength to grab onto Vincent and throw him into the sky.