Ch.11 Study date

After lunch, Peyton went into the restroom where she touched up her makeup. Like any other girls, it was a habit of hers to make sure her makeup looked the same, even if it didn't before.

"So" a voice suddenly said behind her as she gave a shriek as she dropped her mascara.

She turned around and saw Lilith as she gave a groan while picking up her mascara.

"What do you want?" she grunted.

"I just wanted to see how are things going with you and Vincent" Lilith replied casually.

"Why do you care?" Peyton asked annoyed.

"I don't, but I do wanna say that once he kills you, you're going to regret ever talking to him."

"Yeah like he's going to kill me" Peyton doubted "You're just jealous that he likes me more than you."

She knew that was probably not true, but she needed a good comback.

"I never said I was jealous" Lilith replied.

"Well you were the one who turned him. Yeah that's right I know about that, and now I think of it, I know why I didn't notice you at first."

She then turned to the mirror where she saw her reflection, but she didn't see Lilith's.

"It's because you don't have a reflection" she smirked "Such a shame, not being able to see your reflection to do your emo makeup."

"Hey I think I do pretty well without a mirror" Lilith frowned.

"Tell that to society" Peyton sneered as Lilith gave an offended look "Now if you would excuse me, I gotta do some studying."

And with that she headed out the restroom, leaving Lilith clenching her fists as her blood boiled with anger. She swore to herself that if Peyton gets in her way again, she will turn her.

After the restroom, Peyton made her way to the study lounge where she did her work at a table. After a day of talking to Vincent, she decided she needed to focus on her studies. But her studying was cut short when Kelly went up to her.

"Hey Peyton" she greeted with a smiled.

"Oh, hey Kelly" she smiled back.

"I'm not bothering you am I?"

Even though she was, Peyton didn't want to seem rude so she told her no.

"Oh great" Kelly smiled "Because I just wanted to ask you how your date with Vincent went?"

"Well-" Peyton replied, thinking of how to explain it without mentioning the whole vampire thing "It wasn't what I expected, but overall we had a great time."

"So are you guys like, dating now?"

"I don't know" she replied as she thought about it "I guess you can say we're taking things slow."

"Well I'm glad you found someone through the Dating Sucks app."

"Have you found someone yet?"

"Not yet, I'm still waiting."

"Well don't give your hopes up" Peyton smiled "You'll find someone."

Kelly returned the smile as she headed off. After that Peyton went back to studying, but not knowing that Zack was peering over her shoulder and looking down at what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" he suddenly asked as she jumped while shrieking.

"Jesus!" she gasped while holding her chest "Don't startle me like that!"

"I can't" he smirked "It's a natural habit."

"Well can you leave?" she asked annoyed "I'm trying to study."

But he ignored her plead.

"So Vincent hasn't bitten you yet?" he asked while lifting her hair back to look at her neck as she slapped his hand away.

"Oo" he cooed with a slight grin "You're pretty feisty."

Peyton just rolled her eyes as she tried to ignore him by reading her text book.

"You can't ignore me you know" Zack suddenly said "I'm gonna always be there, and I'm gonna always know your scent."

"And I'm gonna always know your scent" Peyton teased in a mocking voice as he gave a chuckle.

"Sometimes you try too hard" he smirked.

At that point Peyton put her earbuds into her ears and turned on her music.

"So you're going to avoid me huh?" he questioned with a sigh "Fine, have it your way."

And with that he walked away as Peyton sighed in relief as she took her earbuds out.

"Zack giving you a hard time huh?" a familiar voice suddenly spoke behind her as she turned around and just as she expected, she saw Vincent.

"What's his deal?" Peyton asked with a grunt "Out of all the girls he hits on, I just have to be his favorite."

"I'm pretty sure that just has to do with the fact that we know each other, and Zack goes after anyone I know, he even gave Jimmy a wedgie the first time they met."

"What did Jimmy do?"

"Nothing, Zack just likes to gives wedgies."

"Wow" she chuckled "And I thought boys grew out of that when they get older."

Vincent gave a small smile as he turned to her text book.

"What are you studying?" he asked.

"Oh uh, American history, I really need to focus on my studies now and this whole vampire thing kinda got me distracted."

"Oh I feel yeah" he agreed "When I got turned I couldn't focus on anything but being a vampire, and so I had to quit school for a whole year because of it."

"Damn" she breathed.

"But uh, since I'm here at the moment, mind if I help you study?"

Peyton felt her heart skip, knowing that this was the next step to making their relationship official, first they had their date, and now he wanted to help her study, such a gentleman he was.

"Uh not at all" she replied with a smile as she pulled out the chair next to her "Join me."

He returned the smile as he sat down and they began their study. After that, Peyton went back to her dorm where she went in and closed the door.

"Hey Peyton" Molly waved from the couch.

"Hey" Peyton waved back, only to be surprised when she saw Jimmy on the couch next to Molly as they appeared to be chatting.

"Jimmy?" she said surprised "What are you doing here?"

"I invited him" Molly explained "Turns out he's a lot of fun to talk to."

"Yes" Jimmy whispered proudly to himself while pumping his fist.

"How was your day?" Molly asked Peyton.

"Well Vincent offered to help me study."

"Oo" Molly grinned "Your first study date with him."

"It wasn't a date" Peyton rolled her eyes with a side smirk, even though she wished she was.

"So are you and Vincent getting serious?" Jimmy suddenly asked her.

"No" she replied as she sat at their table "We're taking things slow."

"You know he likes you a lot right?"

"I know" she smiled as she blushed a bit "And I like him a lot."

"By the way-" Molly put in "When we go to this vampire bar, try not to drink too much or else you know what will happen."

"Okay mom" Peyton rolled her eyes with a small laugh.