Ch.30 Lethal blood

Peyton was frozen in shock after watching Vincent grow out his fangs, fearing that the sight and scent of her blood was the last straw for the both of them. But instead of attacking her, Vincent used his speed to rush towards Him knocking him away from Peyton and falling into an opened coffin as it shut down on him.

Now with Him out of the way, everyone managed to get away from the other vampires with Vincent's and Hope's help as they entered an empty hall.

"Okay-" he breathed while turning to Peyton "Please cover up that slice, I was this close to going insane."

"I could tell" she replied as she went to Molly who helped her bandaged the slice.

"Vincent" Hope pulled him to the side "Are you feeling okay?"

"Well let's see-" he responded with a bit of sarcasm "I just found out that there isn't a vampire cure and that I was just being used, so yeah I'm fine."

She frowned "I'm talking about Peyton's blood."

He felt a pit in his stomach "What about it?"

"Are you sure you can handle yourself whenever you see her blood?" she asked with a worried look "Because by the look of your face, it seemed like you wanted to... dare I say this... taste it."

At that point Vincent felt his guilt rise as he looked down while nervously biting his lip.

"Vincent-" Hope said in a calm tone.

"Maybe I did at one point" he confessed with a sigh "But I didn't do it. Since there's no cure, I guess I'll just continue to fight the urge like I always do."

Hope could see the sadness in his eyes, knowing that there nothing else he could do to prevent himself from drinking human blood.

"We got company!" Jimmy suddenly exclaimed as everyone turned to see the vampires heading towards them.

Now running again, everyone ran as fast as they could to get away, but no matter where they went, vampires just seemed to be everywhere. But after a while of intense running, everyone finally came to a stopping point near the dungeon.

"There's so many of them" Molly panted "I don't think we can outrun them all."

"That's the point" Vincent stated "We can't, no matter what we're gonna have to fight to get out of here alive."

"It's no use-" Jimmy whined "I'm gonna let them kill me!"

"Get a hold of yourself Jimmy!" Vincent ordered.

"Slap me!"

"Okay" he replied as he slapped Jimmy across his face, leaving him stunned.

"Uh, why did you just do that?" Jimmy asked.

"You told me to slap you."

"I didn't mean it."

"Then why did you say it?"

"I was thinking you would talk me out of it. Come on man I thought you were better than that."

"Guys focus!" Hope ordered "We need a plan."

"Okay how about this-" Molly offered "We throw a smoke bomb at them, and while they're all teary eyes, we run out."

"Molly we don't have a smoke bomb" Peyton mention.

"Dammit! Why didn't we get one?!"

"How about we set the whole place on fire?" Jimmy grinned while pulling the two perfume bottles he took from the dining room.

Vincent took of them and examined it.

"You took the perfumes from the dining room?" he questioned.

"Well they're flammable, plus they smell like death so it's perfect."

Peyton took the other one and took a sniff as she scrunched her nose.

"Yep, smells like Lilith" she stated.

"You know what?" Vincent spoke while still holding the bottle "Maybe this does sound like a good idea."

"Seriously?" Jimmy's said astonished "Wow, one of my ideas is actually a good one."

"And a waste of expensive perfume" everyone turned and froze when they saw Zack and the other vampires.

"How did you guys find us?" Jimmy's eyes widen.

"We're vampires, we have super hearing. Plus all of your yelling just gave you all away."

They stood there dumbfound.

"Right" Peyton sighed while shaking her head "And yet nobody hears it in the movies."

Now caught again, everyone was forced into the area on the second story above the front entrance where Zack's father stood waiting along with Lilith who was still trying to steady herself against the rail.

"You done running?" he asked.

"I'm done" Jimmy raised his hand.

"So-" Peyton spoke with a frown "What now? You gonna kill me? Go ahead, I've had enough of this bullshit."

"Yeah dad can we get this over with?" Lilith asked as she began to wobble as she quickly steadied herself "I've been waiting for this moment since elementary school."

"Uh, Lilith" Zack said "I think you need some blood, cause you're obviously still weak."

"You're telling me" she agreed as her legs wobbled "I feel like that night we got drunk."

"Here" her father handed her the bag of Peyton's blood "Maybe some of Peyton's blood will help you."

At that point everyone watched with interest as Lilith took the bag.

"It's about time I get a taste of this bitch's blood" she breathed as Peyton gave her a scowl.

Everyone watched as she opened the bag and poured some of the blood into her mouth as she swallowed it in relief. The taste of the blood made Lilith feel a bit better as she licked her blood stained lips. But all of a sudden, she felt pain in her stomach as she clutched it.

Not knowing what was happening, everyone continued to watch as her legs began to wobble again as she dropped the bag, spilling the blood while clutching her throat. She started to gasp for air while not knowingly shifting towards the rail.

"Son of a-" she began to breath out when she toppled over the rail and fell from the second story, too weak to fly as she crashed down onto a glass coffee table, shattering it into pieces.

Everyone couldn't believe their eyes as they looked down and saw that she was motionless. Zack then flew down and went to examine his sister, and after a moment, he was full of shock as he looked up.

"She's dead" he announced.