A Lost Girl

Miri's PoV

Soon enough, one of the villains lands a hit on Kirishima. He gradually weakens until it's clear he won't win this fight.

But lo and behold, someone I never thought I'd be so excited to see enters the hopeless scene. "GODDAMMIT STOP HURTING HIM." Flying in is Bakugo, an expression on his face that makes a person never want to be on his bad side.

One blow of his knocks them to their feet, and the second and third knock them out completely. He adds a fourth just because.

BAKUGO!" I call out. "Kirishima got a good beating from those guys, I don't think he can even walk!"

He looks to the badly injured boy, who is leaning on a broken building. He seems to be concentrating on not falling.

His gaze lingers, then he looks back to me. "You don't look too good yourself, Miri."

"Huh?" I try to stand up, completely forgetting that my lungs were kind of filled with hot rocks a few minutes ago. I fall back down with a sad thump.

Bakugo thinks for a moment (wow, right? thinking.) "Well how am I supposed to help both of you?" A few seconds later, he snaps his fingers. "That's it! I'll just leave you." He points at me.

Swallowing back my pride, I say, "You'd better help me up right now because at the moment, I am quite the damsel in distress."

He shrugs, and picks up Kirishima first, supporting him with one arm. He then makes his way over to me, hoisting me up. Once I'm on my feet, I put distance between us.

"Thank you. I'll walk by myself from here on out."

"Suit yourself." He pulls Kirishima up on his back (so like an innocent little friendly piggyback ride oKGUYS).

A few other villains spread out to attack us, but Bakugo does his thing, and they don't cause us any more trouble. At some point I was of use by freezing their feet, but even that was almost impossible for me to do.

I see a pair of black shoes peeking out from behind of one of the collapsed building. I trail behind Bakugo and Kirishima to check it out.

As I get closer a girl's face comes into view. But it's not just anyone's face—it's the scared girl I saw with the villains earlier.

She looks up at me, and her nose and mouth turn into a bird's beak. Large, dark wings shoot out of her back and she flies backwards, away from me. She's a villain! What am I thinking?

She swoops by me, and I try to call out Bakugo's name, but before I'm even one syllable in, my mouth is covered. She gives me a light shove, but that's all it takes for me to topple over.

She gasps, "I'm sorry! I just... don't call your friends!"

I pull myself back up and give her a strange look.

She comes closer to me, " You've got to get me out of here! The villains captured me a while ago and they forced me to help them."

She could be tricking me. But what if she's being truthful? I can't leave her.