Epilogue

Miri's PoV

Everything is perfect. The weather, the mood, the setting, everything! A soft breeze blows through my hair as I pat it down time after time. But I don't mind—it shows that Chieko is near, even if she can't be here in person. I hear a cheerful giggle to my left, where my best friend stands. Yu Kaguya. Confusing grumbling from my right, which is my very good friend, Katsuki Bakugo.

Bet you thought we're dating, right? Not yet, crazy as it sounds. I wonder when he'll ask me out. It doesn't matter, though, because now we've got all the time in the world. I may just do it myself. (And strangely enough, Yu doesn't know about it yet.)

Mina Ashido arrives last, and the class greets her with enthusiasm. Not wasting another second, we move as one, beginning our colonization of the mall. Kidding. Maybe.

__________

When I went back to my world, everyone forgot about me, and I forgot about them. Chieko, despite being, well, deceased, somehow made an appearance in my world in some sort of a ghostly form. She was my little ghost companion for a few years, and she tried to jog my memories of the My Hero Academia world relentlessly, but it was all to no avail. My memories returned when I looked into Katsuki's eyes. How basic, right? Well, it worked. Then I kissed him.
__________

Eyes are turned as our large group enters the mall, but the attention doesn't last long. I feel a gentle rush of air brush past my right hand. That's Chieko again. I sigh, knowing exactly what she wants me to do. I turn to my right and call out the name to grab his attention. "Katsuki."

Almost immediately, he looks at me without breaking his step. "What is it now?"

I try not to smile upon hearing his voice. I look away and discreetly open up my hand. "H-hold my hand. Chieko said so." He's the only person besides me who knows about Chieko still being with us in the form of air. Strangely enough, he didn't doubt me for a second.

"That little girl is always up to something." He dramatically rolls his eyes and grabs my hand. His palm is sweaty, but I don't mind. That doesn't mean I can't still make a fuss about it.

I squirm. "Eww, your hand is sweaty!" I laugh through my accusation, not able to keep a seriously disgusted face while saying something so extra and childish.

"So's yours." He shrugs and tightens his grip on my hand.

Yu bounds up to us, her arm interlocked with Kirishima. After everyone got their memories back, the two of them immediately had their own little reunion, hugs, kisses and all. She waves her free hand in greeting. "Well, if it isn't the two lovebirds!" She lets go of her boyfriend to hug me, and I release Katsuki to return it.

I sigh, smiling. "I missed you," I murmur.

"Me too." We let go of each other in unison.

I laugh and add casually, "I kissed Katsuki."

Her eyes widen. "OH MY GOD- ARE YOU SERIOUS- YOU ACTUALLY- SO YOU'RE DATING HIM NOW?" She waits for my response, hand hovering over her mouth.

I shake my head, still laughing.

"YOU KISSED HIM, BUT YOU DIDN'T ASK HIM OUT?" Her hands travel to tangle her hair, expressing her disbelief.

I shoot her a pair of my finger-guns. "Right on."

She scolds me for a few more minutes until we hear Mina's voice call out above everyone's scattered chatter. "OK FELLAS LET'S GET IN AND GET STARTED!" She runs around and gathers the Bakusquad. When she grabs his arms and drags him away, he struggles against her for a moment, looking at me.

I wave a hand at him. "Oh come on, go have fun with your friends, I'll have fun with mine!"

He groans but then goes on to join his friend own group. Yu hooks her arm in mine and pulls me in the opposite direction to join some of her friends.

This is going to be a good day.

___

The sky grows darker, the sun barely visible. It casts an orange-pink glow across the horizon. The weather is warm, and the soft breeze tickles my arm every few seconds. Caught up in the scenery and weather, I am brought back to earth when a violent gust blows hair in my eye. I sigh. Thanks, Chieko.

I realize that Yu has been clapping her hands in front of my face. I blink. Then I blink again. Then I completely break out of my trance. "MIRI!"

I jump and rub my eyes. "Hi! I'm back!" Yu laughs.

"Thought I lost you there for a second." She playfully taps my head. Pulling me up from the bench, she points to the other side of the park. "Your friend Bakugo over there looks kinda lonely." She raises an eyebrow suggestively.

I look to where she's pointing, and he's kind of hard to miss. Hunched over, twiddling his thumbs, muttering who-knows-what loudly enough for everyone to hear, but not clearly. I purse my lips to hold myself back from grinning. Can't show Yu my soft spot from him.

I clasp my best friend's hand. "Until next time."

She winks at me, then parts.

And so I make my way over to Katsuki. Chieko seems especially excited, whipping my hair every which way and traveling crazily around me. "Calm down," I whisper, and the wild gusts subside.

Katsuki looks up at me. "Hi."

"Hi." I wave and seat myself next to him.

Everything is perfect. The weather, the mood, the setting, everything! Chieko's soft breeze continues to blow through my hair as I pat it down time after time. I may not get this perfect opportunity again.

I turn to look at him, and we make eye contact. I tenderly place my hand on top of his. Then I get up real close to him—so close that I can feel his breath—and speak. "KATSUKI BAKUGO!" He doesn't even flinch. Impressive. "WILL YOU BE MY BOYFRIEND." My request sounds much more like a command. A very loud one at that.

A smile spreads across his face. I feel my lips quiver, and I gasp a bit. He's beautiful. He wraps his arms around me, one hand holding my back and one cradling my head, and closes the gap between us in a instant. The kiss doesn't last long. In fact, its duration, if anyone was counting, was probably  less than a second. But it answers my question good enough. Amazingly enough.

"HELL YEAH I'LL BE YOUR BOYFRIEND."

It's perfect.

I struggled writing this

aaaanyhoo! any afterstory ideas?
your request is my command

author, out! -+x