The Battles - Part I

Miri's PoV

"Ok for the last part, you will be going on one on one battles with your opponent! Your goal is to immobilize, or knock out your opponent. Also if you go out of bounds, you lose." Midnight explains. "Here are the match ups!"

On a screen, it shows the first match ups for who will be going against who. I see Katsuki is going against Ochaco.

"Uraraka? Who the heck is that?" Katsuki asks himself. Ochaco, behind him, pales and shrieks.

Yu is against Todoroki, and Kirishima is against Tetsutetsu. I'm against Yuga Aoyoma.
This will be a piece of cake... I hope

When I catch Aoyoma looking at me, I do the fist punching palm motion with a bit of explosion for emphasis. He keeps his trademark smile, but looks scared and worried. All of our class goes and sits on the bleachers.

"Okay first up we have Midoriya versus Shinso!" The opponents walk into the field. "And...start!"

Izuku starts running up at Shinso. Shinso says something, and Izuku yells back. Ojiro curses under his breath. Almost immediately, Izuku freezes. And his eyes look...hollow, somehow. With no meaning.

"Good. Now turn and walk out of this stadium." Shiso commands him.

Izuku turns and slowly starts to walk out of the stadium.

"No Midoriya!" Some of the class starts to yell.
"Turn around!"
"Go back!"

And then at the last moment, before he's about to leave the stadium, he flicks one finger, and he gets blown back.

"And Midoriya is back in the game!" Present Mic says.

Izuku then runs up to Shinso and they start battling until Shinso has almost been pushed over the line. Then Izuku flips Shinso over his shoulder and out of bounds, the same way he did to Katsuki during the indoor battle training.

"Shinso is out of bounds!" Midnight cracks her whip. "So Midoriya moves on to the next round!"

"Good job, Izuku!" I yell super loudly. I feel really bad. There has been distance between us ever since I moved out from his house. We don't hang out so much anymore—actually, we don't hang out at all. I'm always with Yu or Katsuki.

"Why are you cheering for that nerd, Miri!?" Katsuki sits down next to me.

"Because there has been too much distance between us." I answer honestly. "And anyways, I'm next. I've got to get going." I leave quickly, but Yu grabs my arm.

"Good luck, Miri!" She says, Kirishima and Katsuki say the same to me.

"Next up, Miri Miyake! She's a frog, an explosive, and a freezer! Here comes the girl with three quirks!" Present Mic introduces me.

"And here we also have the boy who cannot stop shining! Yuga Aoyoma!" Well that explained him pretty well.
The pressure is a bit overwhelming...

I was thinking I was going to win, but now that I'm here, I'm not so sure anymore. What if I lose? What if he beats me? What if I gets distracted? What if I-
I look up and see my main three friends cheering me on from the bleachers.

"You've got this!" Kirishima yells.
"You'll win this, easy!" Yu adds.
"Don't you dare lose!" Katsuki threatens.

"And... start!!"

Aoyoma blasts a laser at me, and I manage to jump over it. I start running, dodging, and picking up speed so that I'm running so fast, I can barely see beside me.

"Wow! Look at that speed!"
I zoom, faster than I've ever gone before. I pull my arm back, preparing for an explosion bigger than I've ever done before.
The speed. So fast...

And then I let the explosion free.
The sound is deafening.
I blast Aoyoma so hard, that he gets thrown all the way to the bleacher, where my class sits, a bit surprised when Sparkling Comet Aoyoma comes raging to them.

"Look at that strength! Wow! This girl's got some real power!" Present Mic comments.

"Aoyoma is out of bounds and knocked out. Miyake moves on to the next round!" Midnight proclaims.
Is he still smiling in his sleep!?

The cheers are even louder than the explosions. Once I make it back to the stands, I'm met with a lot of congratulations.

"You were amazing!" Yu hugs me tight.
"Awesome!" Kirishima high fives me.
"I didn't think you had it in you." Katsuki says.

"Have what?" I ask, confused.

"You blasted someone meters away and knocked them out. That was cool, I guess." He says.

"Oh? Looks I've earned your approval, eh?" I wiggle my shoulders for emphasis.

"Huh, so-" Katsuki starts, but is cut off by Present Mic saying, "And time for the third round! The last before lunch break! Yu Kaguya versus Shoto Todoroki!"

Yu is already gone. The next I see of her is when she's walking into the stadium. "She's dark. Not bright. She'll hunt you in the night. Her wings will fly her to victory! Here we have Yu Kaguya!"

"This guy is half hot, half cold, with great strength! Shoto Todoroki!"

Todoroki walks into the stadium.

"And...start!"

Yu fully transforms, but then she shrinks a bit. "I guess when she fully transforms, she becomes smaller... because owls are small." I say aloud.

"Stop taking notes like Deku!" Katsuki pleads.

Yu flies into the air. Shoto blasts a tall column of ice, and it manages to grab Yu's feet in the air. Then the ice slowly moves up until it has completely concealed her wings. She struggles to break free, but she can't.
Midnight walks to where the ice starts from the ground. "Kaguya, can you move?"

"No!" Yu yells back down.

"Kaguya has been immobilized, so this round goes to Todoroki, he will move on to the next round!"
Midnight publicizes.
Sigh.. so it was over as soon as it started

"You did fine!" I yell down to her.

"There's nothing bad about losing!" Kirishima comforts.

"Anyways, it was a totally overpowered match." Bakugo adds.

"Now go enjoy your lunch breaks, because next we'll be having a spicy battle between Katsuki Bakugo against Ochaco Uraraka!" Present Mic announces.