🌨

written by UGHlashton ilysm (text me bitch)

_______

Jaeden slept cozily in Wyatt's neck, clinging onto the curls that lung down loosely in his grip. Wyatt shifted slight, careful not to frighten the small boy and turned down the volume on his computer. Wyatt sighed, gently stroking the sleeping boy's back with soothing words.

Ever since that fateful night, Jaeden had opened up slowly. He got out more and even wanted to be held. There were times in the middle of the night, Wyatt would feel tugging to his curls and wake up to a sniffling Jaeden, arms held up high like a child who wanted to be hugged. Wyatt happily obliged.

There were stories; stories that left Wyatt shattered and horrified. How could someone even do something like that to a helpless nine-year-old boy? He didn't understand. Killing to cutting, raping to tearing, false hope to unbearable sadness. When Jaeden told the story about his family and how humans killed them, Wyatt physically started to heat up with pure anger as he fists clenched together so tightly that they turned white.

However, seeing how terrified Jaeden was, his demeanor softened and relaxed as he scooped the sobbing boy into his arms and cupped him close to his chest. Jaeden cried for hours, blubbering nonsense under his breath and into Wyatt's chest. Wyatt ran his fingers gently into his back, making sure Jaeden knew that whenever he was there, he would be safe.

And Wyatt swore he would do everything in his power to keep his friend safe.

Jaeden's stutter seemed to fade yet his soft, shy voice didn't. Only when the two were playing video games or watching funny movies would his shyness fade. When Jaeden came down for dinner, Wyatt's parents were sweet and tried their best to make sure Jaeden was comfortable in their home.

Jaeden once cried when Wyatt's mom baked apple pie and he got a piece.

Wyatt smiled at the memory, accidently shrugging his shoulders. Wyatt cursed softly under his breath when he felt stirring under his cupped hand. "Hey there, Jae bear."

Jaeden blushed, rubbing his tired eyes with an innocent yawn that made Wyatt coo. He mumbled softly, curling even closer to Wyatt's neck with a content sigh. "You can go back to sleep if you want, baby."

The mini shook his head, reluctantly grabbing onto the human's finger to pull himself up. Wyatt tutted, "you're still tired."

Jaeden laid down in Wyatt's palm, feeling the heat surround him like a huge security blanket. Wyatt sighed through his nose, knowing that he didn't have the heart to make Jaeden move and pressed the boy to his chest. "How'd you sleep?"

"G-Good."

"No bad dreams?" Jaeden thought about it for a moment before opening his mouth, "j-just one."

Wyatt frowned gently, shifting Jaeden until he was in front of his face. "What happened?"

Jaeden looked shy, rubbing his arm as his blue eyes darted around to the window, staring outside where the sky was clear and it was snowing. "I-I'd never go outside," he whispered finally, adverting his gaze to Wyatt's palm. Wyatt frowned before getting up out of bed, cupping Jaeden to his chest. Jaeden yelped, clinging onto Wyatt's finger as he started to walk downstairs.

He placed Jaeden down, grabbing his coat and boots along with Jaeden's. The tiny boy rubbed his eyes tiredly as Wyatt gently placed Jaeden's coat on his body and slipped on his miniature boots. "Put your hands out, Jae," Jaeden did as he was told and Wyatt placed his itty bitty gloves on his hands and secured a soft blue hat on his head. Jaeden finally seemed to understand, growing excited.

"O-Outside?" Jaeden asked hopefully, lifting his arms up as Wyatt scooped him up into his embrace, nodding. He opened the front door and Jaeden immediately squirmed at the cool air. Wyatt laughed, going to the tree in their front yard and placing Jaeden down in the snow.

Jaeden gasped, momentarily clinging onto Wyatt's fingers before letting go, as Wyatt sat down. Jaeden scooped up some snow, watching in awe as it sprinkled into tiny white sparkles. He giggled, cheeks already going rosy from the cold. He tossed the snow into the air.

Wyatt sprinkled snow on top of the little one, watching in amusement as Jaeden sneezed when snow came to close to his face. "Here, let's make a snowman, like the one in the movie we watched."

"O-Okay!" Jaeden chirped happily, starting to pack snow together in hopes on making a bottom piece. It worked as Jaeden pushed the huge (to him) snow ball while Wyatt worked on the head, chuckling softly under his breath when Jaeden panted, looking out of breath as Wyatt assembled the snowman together as Jaeden fetched some twigs for the arms.

Jaeden ran through the snow, giggling as Wyatt followed him, making sure he didn't get hurt. He grabbed two twigs and raced back, looking proud as he stuck them to his snowman's side as arms. Wyatt clapped before a mysterious smirk grew on his face as he gently tossed an extremely small snowball towards Jaeden.

Jaeden fell from the impact with an 'oof' causing Wyatt to let out a series of apologizes before Jaeden tossed his own snowball towards the giant. Wyatt could barely feel it but it was so precious seeing Jaeden giggling into his mittens. "Why you little..."

Jaeden shrieked playfully as Wyatt dumped a handful of snow onto the small boy. They continued to play in the snow for hours until Jaeden laid beside Wyatt, letting his gloved fingers gently caress the tired teen. "Do you wanna go back in?"

"Yes p-please," Jaeden shivered as Wyatt scooped him up, dusting off any excess snow that covered the two.

"We'll getcha warmed up, baby. We'll wear our pj's and drink some hot chocolate, how does that sound?"

Jaeden didn't know what this hot chocolate was but he nodded into Wyatt chest as they made their way back into the house. Jaeden had finally been outside and he had never been happier.