14: Awake

"Will, why are you awake? It's three am and a school night, go to sleep." Nico apprehended.

"Why are YOU awake?" Will turned it back on him.

"Because I have shitty sleeping habits. This is common knowledge." Nico told him obviously. Will chuckled, putting his phone face-down.

"Are you being a hypocrite here, Di Angelo?" Will asked.

"Yes. Now why are you awake?" Nico asked him once again.

"I had a nightmare and I don't feel like sleeping, not a huge deal. Now go to sleep, death boy. I'll get to sleep in a bit." Will told him. Nico looked concerned quite quickly.

"Well that's simply untrue, I know you won't get to sleep again. Do you need anything?" Nico sat down next to Will.

"I mean, a hug, but not really. I got plenty of sleep anyway, just go to bed you bat." Will stated with a shrug. Nico hugged him tightly, though for just a short time.

"I'm not going to sleep anyway, I'll just stay here near you. Hopefully talk because I don't like the quiet." Nico told him confidently. Will chuckled at the stubbornness.

"Fine then, we can hang out and talk until it's time to leave. Or one of us falls asleep. Cats or dogs?"

"Cats, obviously. Dogs are too much. Cats can calm down."

"Unfortunately, you're wrong. Dogs are better and it's simple as that." Will stated.

"You only think that because you're the human embodiment of a golden retriever." Nico argued.

"I'm honored to hear that, honestly. Golden retrievers are great. I used to have a friend that had four of 'em, they were the best dogs I've ever met." Will told him. Nico seemed offended.

"You've met Mrs. O'Leary, and she is the best dog in the world. I will set her on you to prove how good she is." Nico argued.

"I haven't talked to Mrs. O'Leary to know if she's a good doggo. Maybe you're looking at her through Rose colored glasses." Will sassed.

"She is the most good dog you will ever meet. I'll get you to hang out with her more." Nico decided.

"Sure, as long as you can find a good time or place to do it so she doesn't destroy the place. Is Mrs. O'Leary even your dog?"

"She's really closer to Percy but still, she listens to me. What's, uh... oh, why did you have girlfriends?" Nico asked. Will sighed.

"Mainly pressure from just... Everything. To be straight. I didn't know I was quite gay, just that I didn't seem to want to be with girls, and I thought that was wrong. So I rushed to find myself a girlfriend. And that relationship, with Jess, kinda sucked. She broke up with me, and uh- I'm rantin', I'm sorry. I answered the question." He got pretty quiet suddenly.

"No, you can keep talking. And explaining. If you want to. I'm okay with listening to rants." Nico told him quickly. Will seemed pretty surprised by that.

"Oh. Uh... Okay. So yeah, Jess broke up with me. She didn't used to be as... Touchy as she was more recently. Mainly because we were, you know, pretty young. I guess we still are, but whatever. And then Natalie comes around and she's nice and pretty or whatever. And then that whole relationship is hell but hey, at least I seem normal. And then I finally found the gays at camp. So I finally break up with her, I eventually stop with some shitty habits I had, accept my gayness, and yeah. Again, sorry for giving you my life story, you asked a fairly simple question." Will expected Nico to have stopped listening, though he didn't. Nico was obviously paying attention through the whole explanation.

"You don't have to be sorry, I was interested. I don't hear a lot of stories like that. It's odd, just because a lot of demigods, their stories are more family-based, or violent and such. Just from what I know, at least." Nico observed.

"There's a few people like me, actually. I talk to as many people as I can, though, so that may be why I know that. Plus the fact that I

have to talk to people, with working in the Infirmary. I obviously shouldn't really say who, but... Yeah. I'm not the only one." Will informed, and he shifted to be ever so slightly closer to Nico. Because it felt right.

"I obviously don't talk to anyone. I didn't leave my cabin at all, I was only really still at camp because Hazel wanted to know I was there." Nico explained.

"I noticed that. You should go out more, man. You're really cool, a lot of people would want to be friends with you. And do. But you're so holed up and hidden in your cabin, it's hard. Or, you were, when we were actually at camp."

"I don't like people." Nico said simply. Though, he didn't mention that a certain Solace was making him like people a bit more, for a few reasons.

"Yeah, well, come hang out with me in the Infirmary with me a bit, after all this is done."