42: Cupid

"I know! I-" Will pulled himself out of a nightmare, breathing heavily. Nico blinked, looking at Will sleepily.

"Hm?" Nico questioned simply.

"Nightmare, sorry." Will muttered, pulling Nico close.

"What about?"

"Just... Cupid, or Eros or whatever, being a dick. No worries, go back to sleep." Will told him.

"Cupid is a dick, huge dick. Fucker made me come out in front of Jason. Mean god. What was he saying to you?"

"Cupid made you come out to Jason? Why? How?" Will questioned.

"Don't remember why. Had to or the world would be fucked, needed something from him. Don't remember much, I'm tired. What was he saying to you, amore?"

"Some stupid taunts. Nothing I didn't already know, anyway. Nothing to do with you, don't worry, darlin'. Go back to sleep." Will nuzzled his face into Nico's neck.

"Stubborn sunshine. I want to talk about it in the morning. Okay?"

Will just grunted. Nico took that as a yes.

"Ready to talk now?" Nico snaked his arms around Will, hugging him from behind as Will started cooking something.

"Talk about what?"

"You had a nightmare, and Cupid was being a dick. Taunting you. I want to know what that was about." Nico reminded him. Will sighed.

"It was just some stupid taunts and reminders, Nico, really don't worry. I'm alright. And it's not the first time anyway."

"What taunts?"

"What does it matter?"

"I want to know what the asshole was saying to you, amore." Nico rested his head on Will's shoulder comfortably.

"It's just... Weak, and wimp, and useless and other stupid stuff. Made me admit that I was a shitty boyfriend and... Other stuff. That's it. Subject change?" Will suggested.

"Why was your voice so raspy when I saw you again? You sounded kind of sick."

"Neck got constricted and hurt a bit, probably fucked up my vocal chords for that small amount of time. Got any other questions?"

"Why wouldn't you have clothes on when the police found you?"

"Fuck if I know, some shit about ease of access. I wasn't paying attention, Nico. I daydreamed and zoned out whenever something too traumatic started happening. Anything else?"

"Are you ever going to be able to tell me all of what happened? And when?"

"I don't know. I could, I just... N-Natalie did so much. I'd end up breaking down. Even now I can't say her fucking name, I... Subject change."

"That's okay. You don't have to talk about it. What are you making?"