28: Will Is Extra

"I'm heading to Knittel's classroom." Will told the group. Nico stood up, ready to follow.

"So am I, then." Nico added.

"Of course." Will agreed. The two grabbed their stuff, walking to said classroom. Will got a quick greeting from everyone there.

"Will. I got that email, and I do have all of that work together. I'm expecting that everything will be turned in on time, and if you turn anything in early, I will absolutely lose it." Mr. Knittel handed Will a folder of some sorts.

"Is everything in order? It's alright if it isn't, it'd just be easier to do it all at least somewhat in order." Will asked him.

"It is. And that's just the work I currently have planned out and such, so at some point the class will probably catch up. Everything will be graded as usual, and if I suddenly change an assignment and you've already done it, you'll have to change it. Tests will be given as they always are." Mr. Knittel explained. Will nodded.

"Thanks, man."

"And please no obnoxious pda in here, you two. It's happened before and it can get annoying." Mr. Knittel told them both.

"How did you know we're dating?" Nico questioned.

"It's obvious. And Luke saw you two walking obnoxiously close to each other. Word gets around in the teacher's lounge."

"That's fantastic. I didn't know that. Okay, I have to get to work, thank you for all the extras, man." Will told him.

"No problem. You made a good argument." Mr. Knittel responded. Will sat down in a desk near the corner of the room, Nico sitting right next to him.

"What was that all about?" Nico asked him.

"I asked for a buncha work in advance so I can get it all done fairly quickly whenever I feel instead of it taking up the time I need to do math with it. I'll get a week's worth of work done in one sitting, so I have more time on stuff I suck at later." Will explained to him.

"Oh. That's smart. Did you bring your entire laptop?" Nico questioned as Will pulled out of his backpack, a laptop.

"Yeah. I have english work to do too, since I asked the same from him. Which is great, I love english, so it'll be easy to quickly get that all done."

"We seem to be opposites. I'm, personally, more adept at math and science." Nico told him.

"Huh. Yeah, history and english is where I shine. The english might be from Apollo, how we're supposed to be good at songwriting or something. Plus the prophecies. I dunno, I've just always been one for english." Will shrugged.

"If you ever need tutoring for math, I am here. I'm not completely adept at explaining or teaching, but I can show examples and try." Nico mentioned.

"I may need that, actually. I barely even know why I'm trying here, it's not as though grades matter. It's probably because of the annoying emails when you're doing shit in classes." Will pondered.

"It's easier to feel normal when you're doing normal school stuff." Nico added.

"Meh, I'm not quite one for the normal. I'd just like to not be talked to by the teachers if my grades start slipping. What're you being for halloween?" Will asked suddenly.

"Halloween? Probably nothing. I believe we're too old to go trick or treating anyway." Nico shrugged.

"You're never too old to go trick or treating, excuse you. Plus, dressing up is fun, even if you go nowhere."

"So what are you planning on being?"

"A doctor. It's easy but recognizable. And really easy to get on and off. I was pretty much planning on dressing up for school and then eating candy and watching halloween movies."

"Ah. I'll likely join you in doing that, then. I could be that one skeleton, from the really popular halloween movie?" Nico thought for a moment. Will somehow knew what that meant.

"Jack Skellington, Nightmare Before Christmas. Please do be him, it would be amazing. And you could use Luna as your skeleton dog pet thing he had." Will answered.

"Yes, him. I think I could pull that character off well."

"You absolutely could and should. Be him."