45

Both Will and Nico expected a warm welcome.

Hugs, greetings, smiles. Or, at least, they expected Will to get that. Nico was used to being ignored or disliked. But Will was the top healer, he had to at least get a few smiles from fellow cabinmates.

That wasn't exactly what happened.

"Do we have the whole bus to ourselves? Wasn't Thalia and Reyna planning on joining us?" Nico questioned.

"They decided to hang back. So yes we do! We can hang out and cuddle near the back. I can't wait to get to camp!" Will grinned, holding onto Nico's hand in one and his luggage in the other hand. Nico gave a small smile back.

"It should be interesting to see fellow campers again. The Hades cabin can get lonely, but... It's nice being there."

"We could probably convince Chiron to let me stay in your cabin. I mean, there's that whole two campers rule, but, it's not as though we do anything bad anyway. Or I can just sneak in. Only if you want me to, of course! I'd get if you wanted to sleep alone."

"That's a great idea, babe. We can ask him when we get there." Nico squeezed Will's hand and checked the time on his watch, "Argus should be here soon."

"Oh, awesome. Gods, I just-I'm really excited. This should be great." Will kept a grin on his face. Nico chuckled.

"You're adorable."

"Wha-no I am not." Will blushed and looked away.

"And you're very easy to fluster."

"Leave me alone." Will whined, still smiling.

"Never. There he is!" Nico pointed out Argus' bus-well, it was more of a minivan at the moment, which was probably smart. Will rushed forward and opened a door, sliding his own and Nico's luggage at the feet of one of the seats. He got in, pulling Nico with him.

"Thank you Argus!" Will told him. Argus just nodded.

"You ready to be back at camp?" Nico asked.

"Well duh! I'll get to see Kayla again and smack her for making fun of us. And the Infirmary! Oh, the Infirmary is probably so fucked up. I'm the only one that kept that place at all organized." Will chuckled, already as close as he could be to Nico. They both buckled their seatbelts like good young men.

"I've heard. Are you sure you're okay with me being there and helping? I don't want to be in the way."

"Of course I am! I want you to be there. You're the best moral support out there." Will told him. Nico gave a small smile.

"Always tell me if I need to leave you alone."

"I will. But I won't ever need you to leave me alone, honestly. I doubt that'd happen. I will tell you if it does, though."

The two cuddled up as much as they could, holding hands and occasionally kissing. They giggled, exchanged quiet compliments, blushed. Will and Nico were, overall, very excited to get to camp.

And they did get to camp. Will hopped out of the van first, bringing out both of their luggages and putting them just beside the van. He waited for Nico, taking his hand the moment he was out of the van.

"Ready?" Will asked.

"Of course." Nico nodded.

Will went sprinting down half-blood hill. Nico barely kept up with him, running close behind and still holding his hand. Will went straight for the Infirmary, though they were stopped.

"Solace! Where the hell were you? Where's seaweed brain?" Clarisse asked him, seeming more mad than actually curious.

"We were just on a quest, he's still on it, uh, talk later?" Will offered. He pulled Nico away with him, a slightly confused look on his face.

"I rarely talk to her, I don't know why she was so mad..." Will muttered. He looked around camp for a moment, confused when it wasn't as bustling as he remembered. When the overall mood of the camp felt more somber.

They moved on, walking into the Infirmary. Will grinned.

And then his smile dropped.

The Infirmary was packed. Absolutely packed, far more than it typically was. People were in every cot, a few even seemed to be sharing-friends or couples squished together to take up the least space. There absolutely were not enough healers there for the amount of those hurt.

"What the hell happened?" Will asked, sort of quietly. Kayla looked up at him, a panicked look on her face.

"Huge attack, so many were hurt and even lost. I can explain better later. Now help us!"