Chapter 10

Continuation of Flashback(4 years ago):

Sairah's POV:

I got so caught up in laughing that I didn't notice myself bump into a stranger. I looked up and felt as if those eyes were familiar. Reminding me of someone.

I snapped out of my thoughts and apologized. "I'm so sorry sir."

I looked up at the middle aged man. He had jet black hair and soft blue eyes. He also had a little beard with a few gray hairs. 

"It's quite alright." He had a friendly smile plastered over his face. "By the way, As-salaamo-alykum." 

"Walaikum-as-salaam-"

"Dad. What are you doing here?" Ahmed looked at the man with his eyebrows raised. 

Dad? Dad! Oh my god this was Ahmed's dad.! The infamous Mr. Badri. Ahmed's resemblance to his father was striking. They had the same face except for their hair color.

I glanced over at a perplexed Ahmed.

"Well son, you have a game today, so I figured I should swing by and help you practice." His voice sounded more formal now. From the look on Ahmed's face I could tell there was some sort of tension.

"Oh well there was no need in coming here like 4 hours before. I was just about to head-"

"Head to the field?" Mr. Badri cut in with no room for argument. "Good idea let's go." 

I stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. 

"Ahmed would you mind telling me the name of the lovely lady next to you." 

"Oh my name's Sairah." I say smiling.

"Well it's nice to meet you Sairah. I'm Zayn Badri." He possessed the same charm his son had. I can see where Ahmed gets his charisma from. Dang even their smile was the same.

"Well it's great to finally meet you Mr. Badri" I give him a polite nod.

"Oh no please, no need to be so formal. Any of my son's friends are welcome to call me Zayn. You should, too."

"You never let any of my friends call you that." Ahmed scoffed calling out his father.

"That's because none of your friends impress me. Sairah however seems like a respectable girl." He says flashing a smile at me. God his smile is like the type you would see in a toothpaste commercial. Like I'm talking paper white, and ruler straight teeth.

I smile then look down. "Thank you Mr. Badri-- I mean Zayn."

"So tell me Sairah, will you be joining the game today?"

"Oh no-"

"She won't. She hasn't attended any before." Ahmed cuts in. His tone was a little cold making me feel uneasy.

"Then, she will attend the match today," Zayn gives a firm nod. "She is my guest and I'm inviting her."

"I um don't think I'll be able to." I attempted to find an excuse. I've never went to any school sport games because I was always busy after school and it would seem inappropriate if I went for Ahmed. He's a non mahram and I wouldn't want people thinking we were dating or something.

"Please I insist. It'll be a great time for you to have fun with your friends, and I can get to know more about you." He seemed more intimidating now.

I gulped. As if Ahmed sensed my conflicted state he spoke up, "Listen you don't have to come-"

"Nonsense. She is coming. You can invite your friends as well."