Chapter 27

Continuation of Flashback

Sairah's POV:

I wake up feeling excited Alhamdullilah (thanks to God)! Today is going to be amazing inshallah (God willing). But why'd I feel some sort of uneasiness... I felt it even when I prayed Fajr. I shake the bad thought away.

Not today Satan! I'm going to make sure today is perfect. Speaking of perfect I should text Ahmed.

"ASAK (abbreviated form of As-salaamo-alykum), are you excited for today?" I smile while typing.

"WAKAS. (abbreviated form of Walaikum-as-salaam). Hmm that depends will I be seeing your pretty face today?"He responds almost immediately.

"If you're lucky..." I tease.

"God something tells me I'm going to be scarred from whatever you're planning"

"Don't say that! OMG why are you so..." I type while trying to think of the correct word.

"So what? Handsome, smart, funny... or in love with you cuz I can't answer any of those;)"

I roll my eyes blushing. Only he can make me smile so effortlessly. I decide to tease him further. "Oh I already know why you're so in love with me how can you not be? In fact I know a bunch of people who are but I won't get into that."

I see Ahmed typing but then he stops. He does realize that was a joke rig-

My phone rings and it's from Ahmed.

"Well looks like someone just wanted to hear my voice." I laugh.

"Yea that and you do know that if any one else ever tried to be with you I c-could never--"

"Ahh it's about time for your jealous self to show up." I smirk.

"Sairah I'm serious. I could never let you slip out of my hands. I would never let anyone take you from me." He said in a soft husky voice. His voice wasn't intimidating it was more protective.

His voice sent chills down my spine and made me feel all warm and giddy. "Is that so?"

"Yes it is so."

"Well you can relax because if there's anyone's last name I'm taking... it's yours." I smile wide at my boldness.

"Wow-I uh---" Ahmed stutters on the other line. "I'm glad we see eye to eye on that." He says cockily.

"But I mean... Badri is an okay last name. I mean it belongs to you so I already know the 'Badri' name needs someone to bring it back up in its reputation." I say playfully.

"Is Ms.Bukhari mocking me on my last name?"

"Well it's not mocking if it's stating the truth." I reply innocently.

"Well let's see how you fare with it... which you will inshallah."

"Obviously the 'Badri' name will reach its epitome of flattery with me." I scoff.

"You'll reach the epitome of flattery with me, too." Ahmed says coyly.

"Ohhh," I laugh softly. "Nice but I'll pass on your little methods of flattery."

"You don't like the compliments, and the gifts?" He asks slyly.

"Nope." I was clearly lying. Ahmed and his words made me feel like I was on top of the world.

"Hmm. Then why does your breath quicken whenever I call you 'beautiful'."

"How would you even know that?" My mouth is agape.