Chapter 38

Continuation of Flashback (2 years ago):

Sairah's POV: 

"Happy Birthday baby!" My mom squeezes me tightly. "Where has the time gone?"

I laugh softly, "I wouldn't know Mama."

"Can't believe you're 20 Alhamdulillah (Praise be to God)." My dad shakes his head in disbelief. 

"You guys are so dramatic." I roll my eyes smiling. 

"Well it's a big deal sweetie." My dad replies.

"Yea but not as big as Zara getting married!" I squeal excitedly.

Zara blushes and smiles. My parents hug her, "Mashallah (God bless) we have so much to be thankful for!" My mom exclaims.

"Soon it'll be Sairah getting married!" Sameer elbow shoves me with his newborn baby, Aisha cradled in his arms.

"Shut up!" I whine laughing. 

"He's right you know." My dad places a hand on my shoulder. "Soon you'll be the one to-"

"Dad!" I groan annoyed. "How many times do I have to tell you I hate talking about that stuff!"

"Yea! No matter how old she is, she'll never be old enough to marry!" Uthman gets up from his seat and hugs me tightly. 

"Okay Uthman..." I pat his bicep around my shoulder lightly. "You can sleep peacefully because I don't plan on marrying anytime soon." I say with a hint of consolation.

"Okay." Uthman lets go of me and narrowshis eyes at me. "Even if you do get married I'll hunt your husband down and-"

"Okayyyy." Uthman's wife, Noor comes and pulls him away. "Relax. Let the girl breathe! It's her birthday." She laugh shaking her head. 

"Thank you!" I mouth to Noor.

Noor winks at me and walks away. I go to Zara and raise my eyebrows at her. "So..."

"So?"

"How's Mr. Omar?" I say smirking.

"He's fine." Zara replies hiding a smile.

"Oh you'd know wouldn't you?" I wink at Zara.

"Sairah!" She gasps and slaps my hand gently. "I know you're 20 but chill with the jokes!" 

"What? It's true." I shrug innocently.

"So what is Mr. Blue eyes doing anyways?" 

"He's visiting his parents right now." Zara says.

"Well soon you'll be there too, don't worry." I give Zara a sarcastic sympathetic nod.

"Sairah I swear if you don't shut up-" 

"What? You'll torture me like how you're going to torture Omar?" I say laughing.

"That's it!" Zara puts her bowl down and chases me laughing.

"HELP!" I yell running down the hallway. 

"Sairah you better-"

I hear the doorbell and run to the door. I open the door and see a pair of striking blue eyes. "Can I help-"

"As-salaamo-alykum Omar. Come in." My dad comes in the doorway and welcome him in.

"That's Oma-"

"Yea." Zara bites her lip shyly.

"Why does he look so different than before?" I ask confused. 

"It's cause you haven't seen him since last year dummy!" Zara smacks my head. "You're too busy having fun with Nina and Amina at your apartment."