Chapter 51

COntinuation of Flashback(2 years ago):

Sairah's POV:

"Ahmed!"

"Sair- oh oops I meant baby." He winks at me.

'Shut up moron!" I stomp annoyed.

"Then who will tell you how beautiful you look." He whispers huskily walking over slowly to me.

"Anyone can." I say smugly crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yea but does anyone say it the way I do." He leans over and whispers, "do they make your heart race when I say it like I do."

My heart races and I feel my breath hitch. "A-Ahmed!" I scold not looking him in the eyes. I was scared to look in his ocean eyes knowing they would engulf me. "Don't be such a harami!" I hiss.

"Is Sairah feeling... flustered?" He tilts my chin up to look at him gently with his index finger.

I see his infamous smirk plastered across his face. I let myself melt under his gaze before getting a grip. I slap his hand down scoffing, "No. I'm feeling repulsed."

I give Ahmed a tight smile and his tongue pokes his inner cheek. "Are you sure? Because I really don't think repulsed people look like that." He points at my blushed state.

"Like what?" Uthman puts his arm over my shoulder-- Thank God he came!

"Yea like what Ahmed?" I give him a small smirk and he lets out a soft laugh.

Ahmed puts a hand in his pocket and scratches the arch of his brow with the other. "I was just saying- uh Sairah looks lovely." Ahmed looks at his feet.

"Well of course she does. She's my sister. But keep the comments to a minimum." Uthman gives me a noogie messing my hijab up.

"Uthman!" I groan frustrated as I try to fix my hijab.

"What it's true!" He puts his hands up in defense. "I have the superior genes of this family." 

"You wish!" I say laughing. 

"Yea we all know I'm the one with better features!" Sameer joins in laughing.

"Oh shut up!" Zara pushes Sameer. "We all know I have the best features." She crosses her arms over her chest as if she's won the argument.

"Oh puh-lease!" I give her a glare. "There's only one way to settle this," I sigh.

They all look at me interested.

"We ask Mama and Baba." I shrug complacently.

"Okay fine." Zara says as we all walk away.

I feel an arm pull me back. "Why didn't you ask me to be the judge?" Ahmed asks softly.

"Because you'd have a bias. And even though I know  I'm the most fortunate with the gene pool, I still like to play fair." I give him a pat on his cheek and I begin to walk away again.

"It's true. I'd have a bias. But can you blame me?" He smiles at me. "And hey you never play fair with me!" He lets out a hurt scoff.

"No point in playing when I always win." I click my tongue at him winking then I walk away.

************************ ******************************************************************

"So who won?" Nina gets up from my bed as we get ready for Zara's wedding.

"Obviously me." I give her a confident look. 

"Was there any doubt?" Amina leans over me to pick up earrings.