Chapter 23

Continuation of Flashback:

Sairah's POV: 

I told my mom about Farthead's inappropriate behavior and my mom was literally fuming. She left with my dad to have a "word" with his family.

I used this time to go and find Ahmed. I had to explain to him that Farhad and any other guy will always be out of the picture. It'll always be Ahmed. But I didn't know if he felt the same. I mean people who 'fall' in love can fall out of it quite easily. What if-

"Ahmed!" I call out to him. Even though I can only see his back I know it's Ahmed. Who else goes to the golf course- in the hotel-- to brood.

He doesn't turn around. "Ahmed you should know better than to make a girl wearing heels run after you."

He lets out a deep chuckle and finally turns around facing me. He has a distant look in his ocean eyes though. 

"And this girl is also wearing very heavy clothes." I say panting.

"Well I'm deeply honored." Ahmed says giving a dramatic bow. "A girl like Ms.Bukhari running out here for me?"

"No dummy, I came out here for a game of golf." I scoff sarcastically. 

He gives me a weak smile then turns back to face the lights in the golf course. I sigh and have a more serious tone now, "Of course I came out here for you." My voice was soft but he clearly heard me since he turned around. 

His blue eyes lightened and I could see him ease up.

"Listen-" We both start to talk.

"You first." I say.

"Nope. The saying is ladies first." Ahmed smirks a little.

"Okayyy." I exhale softly. "Ahmed listen- what we said in the hall meant something to me. IT wasn't just a spur in the moment. But I need to know..." I step closer to him leaving a good 5 foot distance between us. 

He takes his hand out of his pocket and looks at me intently causing me to avert looking in his eyes. What can I say, I'm still shy.

"have you only fallen for me or are you in love with me?" Was what I wanted to ask but I was far too embarrassed to ask a stupid question like that.

"Did I mean it?" Ahmed asks for me.

I nod at him still looking away. 

"I did. Every bit. In fact I meant it so much that I want to talk to your parents about an engagement or some sort of commitment to each other." I look up at him unable to control my smile.

"Really?" I felt my heart race again.

"Yup!" He said popping the 'p'. "But only when you're re-"

"I'll be ready when my parents allow it." I say finally looking at his deep blue eyes. 

Ahmed smiles at me then laughs, "well tonight was-- eventful."

"Yea. One heck of a day for my brother to be getting married." I say shaking my head.

"The girl who I want marry kneed a guy in the balls, then I finally had the courage to tell her I've fallen for her all while this beautiful girl was hosting a wedding." He says softly.

I smile at him, "I thought you said it only added to my 'charm'."

"Oh it does." He says laughing softly.

I roll my eyes as I take in the beautiful glow of the moon. Ahmed whispers to me, "Told ya you were a selenophile."

I smile, "extra points for Mr. Badri and his observation skills."