Chapter 54

Continuation of Flashback (2 years ago):

Ahmed's POV:

I couldn't believe it. My dad somehow managed to listen and... understand Sairah. But then again, Sairah has always had a way with things. She always manages to bring the good in people. Even if her methods are-- well for lack of a better word-- questionable

I couldn't thank God enough for allowing everything to fall into place. I was practically losing my mind with how I was going to pay for the tuition fees. 

I plop on the bed stretching. I wonder what Sairah's doing right now. Does she miss me like I miss her right now. I don't know why but I just need to be around her all the time, and when I'm with her I feel so... so free. I feel like I want to have late night drives with her and watch her sing along adorably. I want to go and eat fries with her at midnight. I want to let her fall asleep in my arms when we watch boring movies. I want to hug her and never let go because that's how much I love her-- Damn it!  I'm literally a sappy romance guy-- the type of guy who I despise. But since it's Sairah and it'll always be her, I'll let it slide.

"Yo! A-man!" Yusuf throws a suitcase on me.

"S*** man! You almost hit my face!" I scold as I get up.

"Why does that matter-- oh wait I forgot! That's the thing that keeps Sairah tolerating you." Yusuf smirks at me as I throw the suitcase off the bed.

"Screw you!" I scoff laughing.

"No thanks. I'll have to pass." Yusuf holds his hands up in defense.

"What's the suitcase for?" I point to the bag on the floor.

"For you." Yusuf adds as he opens up a bag of chips.

"For me?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Yea. Did you forget we leave for New York in a week? We have to pack."

I drop my phone. "S***! I forgot to pack!" 

"I know dumba**. That's why I'm here. Get packing!" Yusuf shoos me into the closet to take out my clothes.

"What's up Ahmed!" I hear Marco yell from the room.

"Hey Marco!" I call out before taking my shirts and folding them.

"So..." Marco trails off looking at Yusuf. "Did you tell him?"

"Tell me what?" I ask confused.

"Oh shoot! I forgot!" Yusuf covers his mouth.

"Well let's tell him now!" Marco says excitedly.

"Wait. But did you tell the others first?"

"Tell me what!" I say growing annoyed.

"I'll go call them." Yusuf picks up his phone and leaves the room.

"Are any of you a**es going to tell me what the hell's going on?" I slap Marco's shoulder.

"Oh yea. We're all going to the beach today." Marco spins himself on Yusuf's swivel chair. "So dress sexy for everyone." Marco teases winking.

"Shut the hell up!" I laugh pushing him off the chair.

"Or, he could do us one better and just go shirtless!" Yusuf pops back in the room.

"Dude! Sairah would love that." Marco smirks.

"Are you kidding? She'd murder him and then she'd die from embarrassment!" Yusuf corrects Marco.

"What do you think Ahmed? Shirt or no shirt?" Marco turns his head to me.