Chapter 47

Continuation of Flashback:
Ahmed's POV:

Was I pissed off? Yes. I just wanted to punch a wall. Why the hell did my Dad always have to find a way to ruin my happiness? Parents weren't supposed to be a**es were they? So why was he?

I shift uncomfortably on the red leather seat in the booth.

And where the hell are Marco and Yusuf? Or should I say Y-useless? I laugh to myself, Sairah has rubbed off on me too much.

I put my hand in my leather jacket pocket and take out a flower pin. It belongs to Sairah. She gave it to me once so I could hold it for her but she used a different pin instead. Was I pathetic for keeping a pin of hers to have something to remind me of her? NO! Well maybe a little— but if there's anyone I'd go soft for it's her.

I fiddle with her hijab pin anxiously. Speaking of Sairah, what the hell do I tell her? Hey my dad's an emotionless, controlling freak again— so there may be a hold up in our wedding.

The truth is— I was probably more excited about marrying Sairah than her. I couldn't wait to call her by my last name, and wake up next to her knowing I was the luckiest guy Alhamdullillah (praise be to God). I wanted to love her forever and I keep her happy at all costs.

Unfortunately my dad decided to stick his fat nose in my life and is currently working on cutting me off. Perfect... I know! What the actual f- sorry 'hell'-- do I tell Sairah? I have to limit my swearing for Sairah.

I know she'll just tell me she doesn't care about money, but that doesn't mean I'll let her live in worry about expenses. And her parents—

"Hey A-man!" Yusuf yells causing everyone else in the diner to turn and look at him.

I shake my head at his outburst. "Hey Y-useless!"

"Hey!" He pouts. "I get you love Sairah— but who said you could bully me now!"

"Everyone said that." Marco winks at Yusuf and slides next to me eating my fries.

I slap his hand, "Hey! Get your nasty a** hands off my fries!" I narrow my eyes at him.

Marco and Yusuf burst into laughter.

"God! You're like the male version of Sairah!" Yusuf gives me a cautious glare, "you're whipped."

"Really?" I ask impressed. "Sairah has a kick-a** personality," I sigh, "so I'm cool with that."

"Like I said," Yusuf emphasizes, "you're whipped!"

"And what's wrong with that?" I lean back crossing my arms.

"God— I wish I had Sairah's magic on making you all cute!" Yusuf laughs.

"Yea just wear a hijab and roast the living s*** out of Ahmed and you're set." Marco replies while taking my fries again.

I picture Yusuf in a hijab and I spit out my drink.

"Yo, you good?" Marco looks at me worriedly.

"Yea I just— I just scarred myself for life." I say shaking my head grossed out.

"How is it that Sairah managed to get you thinking about her all the time from insulting you?" Marco asks curiously.

"Correction," I point at him, "we bantered."

"Same s***." He replies taking a fry and I slap it out of his hand again.

"Order your own fries dumba**!" I scold.