Chapter 25

Continuation of Flashback:

Ahmed's POV:

As I stepped out onto the field the first person I looked for was the one and only angel faced Sairah.

There she was laughing at something with Amina, Nina and Marco who was sitting next to Nina and some other guy.

Her laugh was so contagious that it brightened anyone's day. And coming from someone who spent a good 2 hours with my dad... I needed as much happiness that I could get. 

Sairah's hazel eyes then locked with mine. And she immediately looks down blushing. I shake my head, she's so adorable when she acts all shy, but honestly she's cute when she's feisty, too.

"Hey number 19 my friend thinks you look cute and-" Nina's voice is blurred by Sairah who's covering her mouth.

"Nina!" Sairah looks down again embarrassed and uneasy,

I laugh at her state. "Hey! Tell your friend I think she's cute, too!" I yell to Nina and I wink at Sairah.

She buries her face in her hands. Then looks up at mouths "I hate you" but I pretended she said "I love you".

"Hey boyfriend!" Amina yells laughing.

"Hey!" Yusuf mocks her girly tone. 

When we started the match I felt my heart lighten from the pressure my dad put on me. KNowing Sairah was there calmed me but it also made me nervous. This wasn't the first time she came to a match but it was the first time since I told her how I felt about her. 

As I score a goal I look up at Sairah who rolls her eyes saying "beginner's luck."

I let out a laugh before scoring for the third time. This time Sairah looks at me and says, "looks like my cheering tactics helped."

I smile at her, "you helped."

Yusuf and I changed because our soccer uniforms are not restaurant material after playing a game. 

We walk outside and are met by everyone else... except Sairah. 

I look around for her then Nina tells me she's on the phone with Uthman in the corridor.

I wait for her to end her call then I whisper, "not so bad for a 'sucky' player huh?" We won 6-0 against our opposing team.

She looks at me then clicks her tongue. "Clearly you forgot how my moral support helped you."

"Your support?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes my support. Teasing you is just a hobby, but my true calling is being a motivator." Her voice laced with sarcasm.

"Sairah?"

"Hmm? " She hums in response.

"I realized tonight-- that we shouldn't wait until after university unless we want to."

Sairah looks up at me confused. I take out a sterling silver ring with small diamonds from my pocket. "I- uh- I want you to wear this." 

Sairah gasps. "Ahmed it's beautiful!" 

"It's not as beautiful as the girl who will be wearing it."

"Ahmed I-" She starts to say.

"I want you to keep this as a reminder of my love for you. Because I love you Sairah Bukhari. I really do." I see Sairah's amber eyes become glassy and her cheeks become rosy. "This is my promise ring to you. No matter when we get married-- I'll always be here loving you."