Chapter 50

Continuation of Flashback (2 years ago):

Ahmed's POV:

Sairah's parents wanted us to go out together and celebrate for Omar and Zara getting married tomorrow and Sairah and my engagement. The whole car ride was quite amusing. I was driving and Sairah's dad was in the passenger's seat. However, Sairah sat behind me and I could see her in the rearview mirror and I may or may not have stared at her until she blushed and looked away.

She looked so beautiful just sitting there with the sun hitting her face giving her an angelic sunshine glow. Her dad decided to ride with Sairah and I while her mom was with Zara and Omar. Her brothers were in their own cars.

I used the opportunity of Sairah's dad going into a Macy's for something to my advantage.

"So Ms. Bukhari-"

"Eyes up front Ahmed." She rolls her eyes with a smirk played on her lips.

"Why?" I ask. I continue staring at her until she bursts out laughing.

"What the heck are you doing?" She lets her head fall back as she lets out a soft laugh.

"What?" I ask innocently knowing she's blushing.

"I know you're obsessed with me sweetie-- and I don't blame you-- but you need to stay focused before Baba Bukhari whoops your butt." She leans forward and speaks with a silky soft voice. The voice that made my heart race. Like I had just run a marathon. But I didn't. I was in my car with Sairah. Oh, and did I mention how beautiful she looks.

"Well..." I look up at her smirking, "Baba Bukhari isn't here right now."

Sairah looks up at me and bite her lips softly holding back a smile. "Is that so?"

"Yes, it is so." I nod slowly.

She looks at me one more time before her cheeks become pink. "Ahmed!"

"Sairah!" I mimick her.

"Ahmed don't look at me like that!" She turns her face to look outside the window.

"Why not?" I tease.

"Because!"

"Because?"

"It makes me..." She looks at me smiling.

"It makes you..." I gesture for her to finish.

"It makes me feel repulsed by your presence." She blows a kiss at me and winks.

Damn. How does she find a way to turn the situation around into an insult? EVERY time!

"I doubt that." I say flatly. "You want to know why?"

Sairah looks at me with a raised brow.

"I don't think people who are repulsed like you mentioned--" I pause for effect. "I don't think they blush every five minutes after looking at me." I cross my arms over my chest triumphantly.

"Who said I was blushing?" She attepmts to cover up the fact that her cheeks were bright pink for the longest time.

"Gorgeous, you can't hide that with me." I wink at her causing her to roll her amber eyes once more. I lean closer whispering, "I don't blame you though, I tend to have that effect on people."

Sairah lets out a shirt laugh, "Uh and who did you prove that on?" She raises a perfectly arched brow.

"Only you sweetheart." I wink at her. "And you've officially proved it as of-- well-- now." I cock my head to her visibly bashful state.