Chapter 26

A/N: Hey guys, I just finished writing the new chapter as promised. Amazed by the fact that I have over 300 reads in not even two days. Let me know what you think! --Ekat

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            “Alex!” I screamed as I saw her close her eyes, and start to fall. I caught her before she could reach the ground. I looked, and saw everyone staring down at us with a look of confusion and worry. “Why are you just standing around staring? Somebody get some help.”

            When I snapped, people finally started to move. Liam was on the phone with the hospital, getting them to send an ambulance. I was in a state of panic, but I had to stay strong for Alex and the baby. Oh my God, the baby. Everything has to be okay. I don’t know what I would do if I ever lost either of them. I pulled Alex into my chest, to keep us close together as a family until the ambulance got here. I wasn’t going to leave her alone.

Harry’s P.O.V.

            I couldn’t move. When I saw my sister fall to the ground, I froze. All of this is my fault. If I would have just acted like a human being, and talked to her in a calm manor, maybe she’d still be awake. I should have been the big brother that she needed me to me, and support them. But no, I had to be an asshole, and yell at the top of my lungs that I didn’t care what happened to her, Niall, or my niece or nephew.

I felt someone’s hand reach up to my face. I looked up, and saw Louis. It was then that I realized that he was wiping a tear off of my face. Crying; I had been standing here for the past five minutes crying, and I didn’t even realize it. Louis opened his arms, and I accepted the hug. I felt like I just ruined the only relationship I ever truly cared about…the one with my sister. She was the one that supported me when I had self-doubt. Seeing her on the ground, because of things that I said, broke me. When Louis’ arms were around me, I just cried. Normally I’m one that doesn’t cry often, and when I do, I try to do it in private; but I didn’t care if anyone saw me.

            When I looked over to Niall, I felt even worse. He was sitting behind Lexi, with her in his lap, just rocking back and forth. The tears that were falling down the sides of his face broke me even more. I couldn’t bear to look at him. The amount of pain he was suffering was just too much. I jumped when I heard someone knock on the door. Liam got up, and let the paramedics in. They rushed to Lexi, and tried to pull her from Niall’s lap. He hesitated at first, but finally let go, knowing that they were only trying to help. Once she was on the stretcher, we all tried following the paramedics to the ambulance.

            “Sorry boys, but only one can ride with her,” one of the paramedics said, looking at us with sympathy.

            “I’ll do it,” Niall and I said out of instinct. He looked at me with such anger in his eyes.

            “You’re not going anywhere with her,” Niall yelled at me. “You’re the reason she’s going through this.”

            “But I’m her brother,” I tried to argue, but in a quiet voice. I just wanted this nightmare to be over.