Part 25:The lies she was told

"Is there the slightest possibility that they were telling the truth? Is there a way to break this bond? I'm afraid to do the slightest, in case you get hurt. I'm holding myself in training so that the others don't hit me, and you are in pain."

"I don't know. Asher is looking into it. He's become quite an expert in searching."

"What about you? You saved my life, and you escaped from Irkalla. Can't you focus or gather some herbs and make a potion to end this? We will go to a fight soon. We can't fight and be hurt from both our own and the other's wounds."

"I know. I really do." She sighed.

James and Laurel were laying on the grass, staring at the sky like they did the last two nights. They would spend the day together, talking or training, while waiting for her father's friend's response, and at night they would go for a walk and keep talking till they fell asleep into each other's arms.

James introduced Laurel to his pack as his mate and their new Luna, though Laurel was still hesitant about the last part. She thought that things were changing fast, and she had no control over them.

She had the chance to know more about her mate: his habits, his hobbies, and his preferences. She had seen him waking up and rubbing his eyes after sleep or rubbing his back after sleeping on the uncomfortable ground because she didn't know if it was a good idea to sleep so soon in the packhouse.

James learned more about her childhood and her father. She talked a lot about their adventures and the caring side of her mother. He saw her laughing, and her eyes brighten like stars when she was talking about her sister, Thomas or Lena. He found out how her father trained her and how she sliced her leg or hit her head and had to stay in bed for a week.

They wanted to know everything about each other, and they were afraid that their time together wouldn't be enough. They were both worried about the future, but no one admitted this to the other person.

Laurel couldn't forget the curse, and she knew that these happy moments would bring terrible consequences. But she couldn't stop herself. The Huntress had given her heart willingly to him, and she was ready to spend her entire life to find a way to break the curse and live without fear of losing him.

He was lying on his side, his left arm under his head, and he was staring at her. He took a lock of hair out for her eyes and caressed her cheek. She turned around her head, and he put his thumb above her lips, gently touching her. Their foreheads touched, and with her right arm, she reached for his hand and gently squeezed it.

"If only I could stop time and let us stay here forever," she whispered.

"It's up to us to create millions of those moments to hold on to forever," he said and kissed her gently at first and then with more passion. He put his hands at each side of her head and laid on top of her without putting his weight on her. She put one of her hands around his waist, and the other touched his chest, grabbing him from his T-shirt.

They kissed again and again, each time more fiercely.

She slightly moved her head, and he started giving little kisses at her neck and then at her collarbone. A small moan escaped her mouth while her hands grabbed harder at his clothes, and with her legs, she made him lean closer to her. His hands started roaming her body, and she kissed him back, their breaths mingling together, their scents becoming one.

"I want you," he mumbled between their kisses.

"I want you, too," she confirmed and started making him remove his T-shirt.

He took it off and went on kissing her, her hands now touching his bare skin, electrifying him and waking up all his senses.

A phone rang, and its screen lit up next to them.