Part 33: Family

Three days before the full moon, the invited Alpha's and their people arrived at the Blue Moon pack.

James and Laurel had welcomed them. The higher-ranking werewolves would stay in their house, and the rest in other houses in the pack. James's pack was famous for their hospitality and tried their best to make their guests feel welcomed.

The first two hours passed with strategic plans and a swarm of disagreements.

They had to examine the place Charles indicated as the place where everything would end. Zach's research had proved that this place, indeed, had the vastest amount of energy according to the ley lines. Laurel's mother needed every possible energy source for her plan. Unfortunately, they still didn't know what that plan was. Laurel tried but failed to get inside her mother's head.

They had to secure their men's position and make back-up plans in case something unexpected happened. A lot of werewolves had gathered, but James wished they were more. He knew that the enemy would be ruthless. In addition, he was afraid that on the battlefield he would face many of those who once treated him as a friend. His father's words and the news that the other Alpha's brought indicated that Charles had infiltrated in multiple councils, and many leaders were at his side.

He feared that a bloodbath would occur. One that would severely damage the werewolf ranks and would shake to the core of their entire system.

Laurel, Tyler, Liz, and Asher were working on strength and speed enhance potions. Laurel had made a list of what she needed, and with the help of the pack, they gathered everything. The kitchen, the living room, and the dining room were full of herbs, powders, small glass vials, and test tubes filled with colorful liquids. The potion would last for a couple of hours. They needed every help they could get to stand against the enemies that were enhanced with dark magic.

Zach had retreated in a room with a notepad and a laptop. Chloe had tried to talk to him, but he was lost in his thoughts and scribbles.

"It's terrible," he had muttered and closed the door, leaving Chloe perplexed.

Max's men, who arrived early in the afternoon, had different fight techniques than the rest of the group, so they started exchanging tricks and training together.

They stopped only for half an hour when they installed tables and chairs all over the place, and they brought tons of food so that everyone would have enough energy to keep training.

Thomas was demonstrating to Asher some techniques because the new vampire didn't want to be left out of the fight. Laurel wasn't confident about it, but she couldn't prohibit it.

Several hours passed, and a few minutes after midnight, most people retreated to their houses. Laurel was done with the potions, and Liz and Lena were helping her clean up.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Of course, Asher," she responded to her young friend.

His eyes were darker than usual, and his hands were interlocked in front of him.

''We'll finish here. Don't worry,'' Lena reassured her, and she put some vials in a basket.

Laurel led Asher to her bedroom.

"No one will interrupt is here. What happened?"

"My mother called. She said that she missed me and that I should go home for a few days. I think something happened between her and my father. But I don't want to go. What should I say?"

"Have you talked with your sister?"

"She texted me for the first time in months. Isn't it strange?" He laughed bitterly. "Now I have a new family. I have you and everything I have learned. Even Sara has warmed up to me. She said that we should go on a road trip after this. I don't need them. I needed them for the biggest part of my life, but they needed what I wasn't and what they wanted me to be. I don't know what they expect now," he concluded and sat on the bed.