Part 28: Preparing for battle

"Should I tell James that something is wrong?"

"No, not yet. Let's not worry him."

Thomas had found Laurel lying on the ground senseless when he went to inform her that the food was ready. He tried to wake her up and put her on her bed, but she remained unconscious. James had called her, and Lena lied and told him she was in the shower. Thomas hoped that his friend would be okay and that they wouldn't have to inform her mate.

"Maybe she is tired. She teleported that far in two days, and I'm sure she barely had enough sleep," Chloe suggested, who was always the calmer one among them.

"Fuck! He's calling again," Lena said when James' name appeared on the screen of Laurel's phone. "I won't answer it. Do you think he felt it? Maybe he lost consciousness too? Does their bond work that way?"

"Wait, I think she's opening her eyes!"

Indeed, Laurel opened her eyelids a little bit at first. She closed her eyes and felt her head aching from the fall. She opened her eyes, more focused this time and stared at a familiar face. Thomas was by her side, holding her hand and at the other side was Zach counting her heartbeat.

"How long am I unconscious?" she asked and tried to sit on the bed.

"Around twenty minutes. How are you feeling?" Lena asked her with a shaky smile.

"I am okay. A little dizzy, but okay. Guys, really, I'm fine," she responded when she saw that they didn't believe her.

"What happened wolfie?"

"I saw my mother," she said, simply, and a rush of panic conquered the room.

"What? How? Was she here?" her friends asked simultaneously.

Laurel shook her head negatively.

"Well, yes, but not exactly."

"Are you trying to mess with us or what?" Zach asked her, who made sure that her heartbeat was normal, and her face was no longer pale.

"At first, I thought she was in the room," she explained, "but I was wrong. I fainted, but I kept seeing her. I realized I saw a projection of her or something like that. I saw her in a dark room talking with Charles. I don't know if this is a new power that I knew nothing about or if it a one-time thing. But I could see her, and I listened to them. I know what you think," she said when she saw the disbelief in their eyes, "but I know it was a real scene. I feel it. They were talking about their plan. They didn't say what it was, but they did mention something important. My mother said that everything will be over by the next full moon. I am sure that I saw something real. They are ready to execute their plan and finish it."

"The next full moon is in six days," Zach said, who always counted the dates. 

At that particular night, werewolves were more robust than usual, and their senses were more enhanced. However, they were also more reckless and more prominent to act without thinking. Therefore, nights like this one were important to them.

"I know."

Her phone rang, and Lena gave it to her.

"Last time I said you were in the bathroom," Lena informed her, and Laurel picked up the phone nodding in understanding.

One and a half-hour later and after they had lunch, they went to the Blue Moon pack because James had informed them that his meeting hadn't gone well, and there was some news they needed to learn. They dropped Sara at the campus and headed there.

Chloe ran straight towards Tyler when she saw him with a giant smile on her face, and James kissed Laurel.

"Come with us," he told them and led them to their meeting room.