Chapter 21

"Chunin exam you say?" the genderfluid youth asked glancing at the hyuuga princess she come across on one of her shopping sprees as Narumi. It took a little bit of time for the girl to get over the fact she was back at being Narumi but in the end they ended up hanging around the village like before.

"Yes, Kurenai-san left us know yesterday. I think she wanted to know how we would feel about taking part in the exam." the clan heiress said feeling proud in herself knowing that their sensei thought they are ready even if she feared the things that might happen.

This was her chance to prove herself to her clan and show the result of her efforts. The time spent with Naruto or rather Narumi helped her self confidence a lot, she thinks back to the times she would nearly pass out in the presence of her crush and was scared by everything and can't help but be even more grateful of her presence.

The passing months were hard, not being able to hang out with Narumi like usual which was why she was surprised when she was greeted by the familiar figure after their training was over. It seemed that whatever happened during the C rank mission turned A rank made the blonde willing to go against Hokage's words something she had no doubts the man would learn soon.

She feared for her friend and crush but not as much as she should be, from the way she talks about the man their relation seemed more akin to that between a grandkid and their grandpa even trough she suspected they were not as close anymore.

"I wonder if Kakashi-sensei will let us join to, ah! What am I saying he will surely let us in, dattebayo!!" she said her eyes on fire, what better way to prove how awesome she is then the Chunin exam?!

"Ano, Narumi-chan are you sure it's fine to change? Didn't Hokage-sama tell you to not do it anymore?" finally her curiosity and worry won over the Hyuuga asked the question that was on her mind.

"Well~ He didn't order me to not change so it's fine right, right? It was an advice, one I chose to ignore!!" at her response she was given a doubtful look, something the Hinata from before wouldn't even think of directing towards her crush.

"What if he had a very good reason why he told you to not turn?" the girl said knowing better then argue with Naruto's logic and tried other approach.

"Then he should just tell me instead of keeping it a secret for once!" the hyuuga princess flinched at the sudden rise in volume and stared at her friend with shock.

"..." a awkward silence issues until the blonde began to chuckle.

"Ah, sorry Hinata-chan I got a bit fired up!" she said with a wide smile on her face "But it's true, I like it like this and if he really cares he will get used to it." she continue sounding more subdued and Hinata shook herself out of her stupor.

"I see...I envy you Narumi-chan. To have the courage to stand up to the Hokage." when I can't even face my family even now was left unsaid.

"No way you are plenty brave yourself Hinata-chan!! You just got to believe in yourself" the heiress smiled at her friend already feeling better, if only more people would get to see what she sees in Naruto.

///

"Hey teme let's spar!!"

"Hn, are you so eager to lose again dope?"

"Lose?! I'll show you this time!!"

"These two, do they know anything beside fighting?" the pink haired girl said feeling equal parts exasperated and sad about the scene taking place in front of her.

She started out as a member of team seven with several expectation's in mind which now looked more like delusions when she thought about it. She thought spending so much time with the black haired boy would magically make him fall in love with her that this was her first step towards a life like in fairytails and that Naruto would be just there filling the spot of the buffon like always.