Chapter 22

I don't own Naruto.

Kakashi is a man who developed a habit of being late, that's something everyone who interacted with him beyond a casual greeting knows. Some go as far as say he will be late to his own funeral but that didn't mean he couldn't come on time when the situation really demanded it.

The briefing for any mission above A rank was included as well as many of the things he had to do over in the past, events where he wouldn't miss for anything in the world.

Wishing his first genin team good luck before the exam was one of those events.

"I see you are all here. Good." he said when he saw the familiar od combination of hair colors his team has mainly thanks to Sakura, pink? In all his life as a ninja he never saw someone with pink hair as bright as hers.

"What are you doing here Kaskahi-sensei?" said pink haired genin was first to ask but he could see the two boys were also interested.

"What I can't wish my cute little genins good luck before the exam?" he said with his trademark eye smile and teasing voice grating on their nerves.

"I am not little!" the most impulsive member of team seven responded puffing his check's in ways he found adorable.

"I don't see you saying anything about cute." he shot back making any words the blonde might have have said die in his throat, blondes face burned red and the silver haired man found it hard to not laugh knowing this also had something to do with blonde's split identity.

"By the way what happened with Sasuke?" he said finally paying the last member of the team a glance, not like he didn't notice his state before but based on his sharp hearing he aleardy has a fairly good idea about the source of the bruises on the boy.

"The teme got his ass handed to him by a weird kid in green spandex." the shapeshifter said his face turning white and his body shivering with a expression of pure disgust "Why would anyone wear that?" he said also muttering something about eyebrows under his breath.

"That's coming from you Naruto you wear bright orange." the pinkete didn't miss the chance to pick on the blonde making Kakashi wipe a imaginary tear from his eyes, his team grew so fast not missing a chance to pick on one another in good fun.

"....red." a slight thick mark formed on the girl's forehead but the blonde's expression sayed deadpan.

"You are wearing all red Sakura and Sasuke wears shorts." he state with a tone drier then suna in the middle of a sand storm.

"What is wrong with my pants dope?" finally the Uchiha decided to join the conversation, his arms were crossed in front of his chest and a bigger then usual frown on his face.

'This is my team.' they both exasperated him and brought him joy at the same time.

"Keep the banter for after exam now get in there and make me proud!" he said pushing the two boys in the room against their protests with the third member of the team following.

The man sighted "Where did Naruto get that from, neither Kushina or Minato-sensei was that...." Sarcastic, blunt, smartass? He wasn't sure how to call it exactly maybe sassy? All he knows is how blonde student really knows how to get on people's nerves and the other two were too stubborn to not push back.

He lost count on the number of fights he had to break.

///

As soon as they entered the room the members of team seven could feel the pressure of everyone's stares pressing down on them trough that had little to no effect on them anymore. Spending days in the same house with the likes of Zabuza is a great way of developing resistance to intimidation methods which went double for Naruto and Sasuke who each took a level of pleasure from picking on the man, the blonde more then the raven haired boy.