Chapter 15

Quick question, do you think things are moving too slow? After I read some of the other stories on this site and saw how quick the events seem to take place I wondered if maybe I am taking things to slow, do things progress fast enough or should I try to write more progress using less words and skip over the parts that are not that important?

Please let me know what you think. 

I don't own Naruto.

///

Haku is intrigued, why you may ask?

The answer is simple in the years following the death of his mother and being taken in by his master he never had the chance to experience the warmth that comes with a family dinner. Of course anyone bar the blonde boy that greeted him when he woke up were tense which is understandably considering their presence but it was still the most relaxing meal he had in a very long time.

He basked in the pleasant experience putting any worry about his fate or disappointing his master once more to rest and deciding to simply enjoy the peace while it lasted, at that thought his dark orbs focused on the entrance door and back to the scene in front of him too quick for anyone to notice but honesty he is sure he could have blatantly stared at the door and no one would spare him a glance.

The nice woman who treated him with food even trough she was doing a bad job at hiding her stress was somewhere else while the target and his little grandson went outside for a reason or another but he suspected it had something to do with the kid's less then stellar behavior. Thankfully all he did was act grumpy and glare at all the 'guests' when he thought they were not looking and nothing else which spared him from the traumatic experience of having a taste of an elite ninja KI.

Such an interesting phenomena, to be able to project your intention of taking a life. On an experienced and strong ninja(or Naruto) it would have no effect but on a civilian kid? It would be hard to forget to say the least.

The fake hunter-nin shook his head getting his thoughts back on track, what was he thinking about? Ah, yes the intriguing situation he found himself in and also the intriguing people. Of the ones he meet in the past hours the Konoha ninja were the one who stood up in his mind.

The pink haired girl that was currently arguing with the blonde that seemed insistent of sneaking and listening to the conversation between his master and their jounin sensei and the dark haired boy simply watching the proceedings with a bored gaze. What made her intriguing to him was her unusual hair color(he saw all manner of rare hair colors from green to dark blue but such a striking pink was unique) and the dynamic she had with the whiskered blonde which brought him to the greatest enigma of the Konoha team.

Everything about the whiskered boy was striking in some way from his clothes and appearance to his personalty and the way he interacts with others. He never saw anyone talk back to the former kiri ninja the way the blonde would just for a moment later to fold under the pinkete words and annoyed glare but even then it looked more like he humored her rather then taking any of her threats seriously.

"But Sakura-chan I only want to listen! They won't catch me, come on~ Look Sasuke wants to know to, dattebayo!!" the blonde said which rewarded him with a annoyed gaze from the Uchiha.

"Keep me out of your stupid actions dope, whatever they talk about I am sure Kakashi-sensei will tell us what we need to know. Going against a superior's orders and not only that but spying on him is a serious offense." he said surprising both him and Naruto whose expression scrunched in one of distaste.

"You hear that Naruto-baka!!?! Sasuke-kun is responsible and smart unlike you, so stop talking for him!!" the bloodline users shared the same barely concealed grimace, there was nothing bad about what she said per say but it was but embarrassing on how obvious her infatuation was on the dark haired boy and harsh that she thought so lightly of the blonde who surprisingly only pouted at her outburst.