Chapter 23

"Those that are do not wish to take it rise your hand. Once your number is confirmed leave." as the man finished his ultimatum Naruto gulped seeing the concerned faces of the other participants, in the end he turned his head around seeing Sakura some seats away on his left with chalk white face.

Even Hinata, a endless source of essential information's for so long seemed to shake in her boots a few seats away.

He was so close to fall into panic to, he would have surely have lost his head by now if he didn't know several stuff that are common knowledge and many missed in their state of panic.

Naruto went trough no shortage of life altering decisions in his short life, many of them affecting him to this day but this was one he was the least concerned about.

'Its a lie. He can't do that.' He thought calmly, too calmly for him but no less true. He was one of the several people reacting this way and he had a good reason for it.

There was no way a Konoha-nin had the power to restrict the ninja of the other country's from passing the exam forever and he knows the aged Hokage well enough to know he would never agree with this.

At best he could disqualify them for this round and while that's a bad thing he would end up in the same situation if he gave up now so giving it a try would be no lose. Still there was a little part of him wonder what if that was quickly silenced once he looked around the room one more time.

He was so absorbed in his thoughts he missed the fact that many already left but there was a person who stood up from everyone else. While many left and some were trembling in their seats, Kabuto the guy who went trough the exam twice and had the test completed half way trough the exam was at ease.

Unknow to him his calm state reassured his teammates among some Konoha-nin. If the dead last/competent teammate was so confident who were they to back down now?

"This is your last chance to give up." The man said his cold gaze watching each of them one by one noticing a of them looking at him without any hesitation making him smirk.

A long moment of silent ensued many dreading the meaning behind that smirk fearing the worse from the sadist man.

"Good. Congratulation for passing the first test. " pandemonium ensued as many started to talk all at once including the blonde.

"What the heck?!" he shouted incredulous a sentiment many shared.

"We already passed? What about the 10th question?" The pink haired kunoichi asked calmly, more then rest of the people in the room which is probably why the man seemed intent to answear her.

With a wide smile on his scared face the man began to talk.

"There was never such a thing as tenth question or rather I could say the choice I gave you was the tenth question." the man said and Naruto slumped into his seat taking a deep breath, even if he knew the consequences of failing were not that grave he could now finally relax.

He listened to everything that was said understanding the true purpose behind the exam more and more with each word exchanged.

'To be a chunin is about more then just power, it takes a proper mentality.' he mussed inwardly wondering if he is ready for that kind of responsibility.

///

Just when the man wished them luck a quickly approaching figure in black cloak broke trough the window and landed close to the man making everyone except the instructor tense, the man on the other hand just watched the proceedings with a blank look.

Several kunai bound to the cloak flew in the ceiling and floor and in a instant the black cloak proved to be a big banner with in front of which was a woman with dark purple hair and curvaceous figure dressed in fishnet with a pair of shorts and jacket but that's not what attracted the blonde attention.