Chapter 5

I don't own Naruto

It was a sunny day in Konoha which seemed to be the norm for the village located in a country literally called fire but what could be considered outside the norm was the heavy rain from the day before.

Most of the water from the street was predictably absorbed by the soil or evaporated in only a few hours from the sunrise but the freshness in the hair still remained, unsurprisingly many people decided to take advantage of the situation and take a stroll around the village.

Among all those people a blonde girl looking no older then eleven was dragging by her arm another less enthusiastic girl looking around the same age with hit pink hair, bright green eyes and fair skin wearing a red cheongsam with a pair of short pants not even reaching her knees.

"Look Sakura-chan that kid almost slipped on the roof!" She said pointing at some older kid that decided to take the roof instead of the crowded streets, Narumi shook her head at that remembering that time it happened to her to, falling of a roof hurts which is what stooped her from laughing at the guy.

Said girl rolled her eyes "Don't point at people Narumi its not nice." She admonished the blonde ignoring what the girl said making resulting in the blonde pouting, Sakura responded in kind with a unimpressed stare.

The girl might be her best friend but she wasn't without faults. she had a tendency to be too spirited and that was putting it lightly, what else could she call being accosted as she walked from academy and dragged at an impromptu walk trough the village? Also her preference for boys clothing was annoying even now she was sporting a caramel colored shirt and a pair of gray cargo pants.

She  giggled at her expression and thankfully managed to free her hand from the other girls hold as she sulked.

The blonde decided to stick her tongue at her more mature friend before she began to giggle, Sakura followed her cue and began to giggle softly as well to the shapeshifter's delight.

It was almost creepy how different her interactions with Sakura is now compared to less then an hour ago as Naruto.

Saying something stupid won't her her decked in the head or insulted for starters.

'And I am thinking about sad stuff again.' She thought her giggle coming to an end and her smile becoming strained.

"Hey let's go to park! It should be fun!" She said quickly and the bookworm turned her head to her slowly giving her a flat look.

"What can we do in park Narumi?" The red themed girl questioned her tomboy friend with a raised brow as they kept walking on the street aimlessly.

"I don't know...use the -" she stooped a look of concentration that reminded her of other blonde plastered on her face "How do you call that thing that spins with you and more people can use it." she said making a circle with her finger in air

"I don't know what you talk about? Either way we are too old for that kind of games." she stated bluntly and her will to resist almost broke faced with the pout and the wide hopeful eyes.

"No we aren't! Come on Sakura-chan~!" she said in sing song voice and the pink haired girl's shoulders drooped.

"Ugh, fine but just once." she said and a pair of amethyst eyes lit up while a wide smile pulled at her lips.

"Yay!" she cried and once again dragged the less enthusiastic girl to the park.

"Narumi let me go!! I know my way to park!! Don't drag me like that!!" she shouted with no avail, in moments like this she was thankful that her friend didn't have ninja training. She was too fast and strong as it is, she would stand no chance of keeping up with her if she was a kunoichi in training as well.