Chapter 6

This chapter is brought to you by the power of mini flashbacks, it's not joke they were a life saver this chapter. Hopefully I will become good enough writer in future that I won't have to abuse them as much.

I don't own Naruto.

////

'This is bad, I need to say something.' thought the blonde looking at the short haired girl who kept trowing fugitive glances at her every few seconds, they were still in the park where they meet using the swings as place to sit on.

The places was empty most people likely going home to eat with their family like Sakura did only moments ago leaving them alone. An oppressive aura settled between them almost immediately and none of them as yet to say any word to another.

What started as an attempt to cheer herself up after a crappy day become hours of stress and worry culminating with this awkward moment when she was finally alone with Hinata but is stuck in what she should say or do.

Suffice to say it wasn't a good day for her but she could easily admit that she thought it would be far worse when she heard her friends declaration.

"WHAT?!" she shouted in shock as the dark haired girl made a weird yip sound, the pinkete pulled the blonde closer and whispered in her ear.

"Look Narumi I never see Hinata hang out with anyone in class and she is very shy, I think she wants to be friends but she is just to shy to ask us out." she whispered to her ear making the blonde's mind still and face grow hot from both the choice of words and the proximity.

A part of her mind wondered where did that leap of logic came from and why did she seem to driven to befriend the other girl but Sakura could be weird like that sometimes.

She looked at the Hyuuga who gave them an odd look her blush never fading away which shouldn't be healthy, she wanted to keep her as far away from Sakura so she wouldn't have the chance to tell her but the pinkete seemed more determinated then usual and if she learned something in the past months is that when she really wanted to do something she had her ways to convince her even if she didn't like it.

With an inner cry of despair and frustration she decided to go along with it.

'She could have used other words.' thought the blonde snapping out of the days reflection with a blush, it's one thing to have your crush whisper in your ears only for then to use such suggestive words. Maybe if she was a real girl she wouldn't have thought much of it but considering his situation his blush almost eclipsed that of the Hyuuga always wore.

Thankfully from her words she thought that the pale eyes girl is just lonely and too shy too ask them out and the Hyuuga played along not giving anything away even trough she stared at her more then she felt comfortable with along the day, somehow the hours passed and she cheered internally when Sakura said she needs to rush home for family dinner only to realize the new situation she run into.

"A-Ano, Na-arumi-san h-how did y-you chan-nge, i-if y-you don't wa-nt to te-ell me-e it's f-fine. I-I am j-just cu-urious." the shapeshifer focus snapped from the darkening sky to the girl with dark blue hair playing with her fingers who preferred to look at the ground rather then make eye contact.

'Does she need to stutter so much it's annoying.' understandingly the indigo eyed preteen was not in a good mood so it took considerable effort to not grind her teeth together.

She could bet all her savings that the feeling of being followed she had for some time now was due to her. It made her angry but only half of that anger was towards her would-be-stalker. She got sloppy, the easier it become to transform the more casual she become about it.