[ 𝟐 ]

About 2 hours have passed. Yujin laid on her bed, still traumatized by what she had seen a few hours ago and not knowing what to do next. Should she call the cops? Should she go outside and check? Should she go downstairs?

She hurriedly picked up her phone and decided to dial the number of one of her friends. To no avail, the call wouldn't go through as there was no signal. Yujin sighed in frustration, "What the fuckkkkk!" she muttered to herself.

She was confused as ever, and Yujin wanted answers.

Yujin got up from her bed, it has been decided, she was gonna head downstairs to try to speak with the security guard and maybe try to figure out what was going on. Was it a stupid decision? Probably. Would she still do it? Yes.

Without really having a clue about what was going on, she simply grabbed her phone along with her wallet and headed towards the entrance of her apartment. Once again, she leaned forward and pressed her ear against the door, trying to listen for any weird noises. After making sure that the corridor was completely silent and that no one was there, the young girl unlocked the door slowly and peeked outside. Looking to her left and then her right, the coast is clear, she thought before letting out a breath she didn't realize she was holding.

One step at a time, careful not to make any loud noise, she slowly but surely made her way to the elevator, but soon found out that the elevator was not working. "Damn it," Yujin whispered to herself. Why is everything not working today?

The elevator was not working, which meant that Yujin only had one choice, she had to use the stairs. The same stairs that she saw the scary woman walked into just hours ago. Yujin's throat tightened, what if the woman was still there?  What if the woman attacked her in the stairway?

"It's gonna be okay, Yujin. Don't worry..." she murmured to herself, convincing herself that nothing bad was gonna happen to her.  She unwillingly dragged her feet to the doorway leading to the staircases, taking a big deep breath before slowly twisting the doorknob open.

Standing right in front of the green stairway door, Yujin felt uneasy and anxious. She was seriously re-thinking her life choices and she contemplated whether it was a good idea at all to head downstairs.

All of a sudden, Yujin heard a faint voice of a girl saying "Just go, I'm resting" She quickly rushed towards the railing of the stairs and glanced downstairs.

Surprisingly, she saw a man standing at the stairs a few levels below her and a shadow of a girl laying on the ground. "Oh my god... it's people..." she let out a breath, feeling excited and relieved to see real people instead of monsters or whatever the woman she saw previously was.

Yujin was about to run downstairs and ask if they knew what was happening when she caught sight of something in red flying towards the man. She blinked her eyes, taking a better look at the view in front of her when she realized it was the woman she saw a while ago.

The monster.

The woman in a red dress climbed onto the man's back and bit down on his shoulder while letting out monster-like noises again, sending chills down Yujin's spine. Her mouth fell agape, fear consuming her body, making her unable to move. "Oh god..." she gasped when she saw blood dripping down from the man's shoulders.

The man grabbed onto the woman clinging on his back and flung her towards the flight of stairs below him, hard. Her body slammed against the stairs in a loud, sickening thud before it fell silent, Yujin didn't dare to make a noise. Was she dead?

Suddenly, horrifying shrieks were heard and the woman was standing again, seemingly unaffected by what the man just did. How is she still alive? Yujin questioned.

The woman sprinted towards the man but was blocked by his hands. She growled furiously at him, attempting to attack and bite him but failed. "I'm hungry... I'm hungry..." the woman chanted like a mantra. Yujin was horrified, her chest rose and fell with rapid breaths.

Harshly gripping onto the woman's hair, the man threw a painful punch at her face, then slammed her head on the fire alarm, causing the glass to shatter.

Yujin was stupefied to see that even then the woman was still alive, surviving the continuous attacks of the man. The woman convulsed and jerked on the floor, her body twisting in all different angles. The once silent stairway was now filled with gut-churning snaps and crunches of her bones, along with her demonic growls.

The girl who was just laying on the floor previously let out a scream when the woman in red sprinted towards her. Fortunately, the man stopped her attempt to attack by kicking her towards the wall, causing the wall to break.  With a few more brutal kicks, the wall was completely destroyed and the woman finally stopped moving, laying on the pile of drywall and bricks.

The stairway fell silent again, Yujin didn't dare to breathe. The image of the woman kept relaying inside her mind, making the young girl tremor with fear. She was scared, she couldn't be alone right now. She needed to be with someone, someone human.

She dashed down the stairs until she reached the man and the girl. They both stared at her quizzically, obviously confused as to who she was and what she was doing here. "I... I saw... I saw what happened and I was wondering are you both okay?" Yujin whispered softly, terrified that if she had spoken any louder, the monster would've woken up.

Yujin recognized the young girl, whose face was now splattered with blood, was Lee Eunyu, who lived a few floors below Yujin with her brother.

Eunyu nodded before mumbling, "Yeah... I'm okay..." Yujin exhaled out of relief, glad to hear that she was not injured. The two girls simultaneously turned to look at the man, waiting for his reply, but before they could get an answer, the man just turned around and began walking down the stairs.

"Hey wait up!" Yujin called out to the man but was ignored completely. "Here," the 18-year-old offered her arm to Eunyu, which she held on to gently. Eunyu walked slowly, one step at a time, with the help of Yujin. The two girls made their way downstairs, following the man.