[ 𝟕 ]

Once Eunhyuk got the keys to the daycare centre, he unlocked the door and asked people to stay inside. All the survivors, including Yujin, complied and they all sat around in the room.

The interior of the daycare was so colourful, the walls were painted in all sorts of bright pastel colours, the colour overload almost making Yujin's eyes hurt. Pieces of butterfly and rainbow stickers delicately decorated all over the wall, along with polaroid pictures of the little kids that attended the daycare. The room gave off a bright, jolly vibe. Totally opposite to the mess that's happening outside. How ironic.

Yujin noticed how cheerful the kids look in the polaroid pictures, and couldn't help but wonder where they were now. Her stomach lurched at the thought. Are they safe? Are they still surviving? Would they be... dead?

Overwhelmed by her thoughts, she decided to head to the rooftop to get some fresh air and clear her head. She hastily got on her feet, walking towards the door of the daycare when someone asked her, "Hey, where are you going? Eunhyuk told us to stay here." causing Yujin to halt her movement. Quickly turning around, "Oh... yeah I'll be right back," she answered dismissively and left the room.

As she walked towards the stairway leading to the rooftop, she was pleased to see Eunyu there as well. "Hey," Yujin spoke, catching the attention of the younger girl. "You heading to the rooftop as well?" asked Yujin. Eunyu answered with a simple nod as the two girls walked up the flimsy metal staircase together.

When they reached the third floor, Yujin caught sight of a man walking on the flight of stairs right above them. Recognizing his burgundy shirt, she realised it was the man she saw in the staircase before, the man who killed the monster, the man who was bitten.

She quickly dashed up the stairs, about to ask if he was injured badly but stopped when she saw him leaning over the railing of the staircase and gazed at the ground. The two girls followed his stare and looked down as well, noticing the huge monster with terrifyingly long arms, crawling on the ground as it let out a blood-curdling growl.

The man finally noticed Eunyu and Yujin's existence behind him, eyeing them both with annoyance. "You go your way, we'll go ours," said Eunyu with a bored look. The man scoffed lightly at Eunyu's words and continued walking up the steps.

Noticing the bloodstains on his shoulder blade and his bloody hands, Yujin called out to the man, "Sir, are you okay? Your shoulders..." The man simply ignored Yujin's question. "You were bitten, right? You have to treat your injuries!" she added, but was ignored by the man once again.

"How do you feel? Do you feel like biting into people and tearing them apart?" asked Eunyu, curiosity in her eyes. With the man's lack of reply, Eunyu asked again, "Which floor are you going to? It's okay between us, we killed together, " feeling slightly out of breath after walking up several flights of stairs.

"Shut the hell up or go downstairs," The man finally opened his mouth and said, looking irritated as ever by the two girls' constant questioning. "I don't want to..." Eunyu quickly retorted, intentionally making her voice deep and raspy, mimicking the voice of the monster and pretending to be one.

Yujin narrowed her eyes, confused by the younger girl's behaviour as she nudged Eunyu slightly, gesturing for her to stop. Ignoring Yujin, Eunyu simply let out a soft chuckle, somehow finding the serious situation amusing.

"It'd be freaking embarrassing if I changed into something like that," Eunyu shuddered, just the thought of turning into one of those ugly monsters herself made her feel revolted. Hearing Eunyu's words, a thought popped up in Yujin's mind. What would I do if I became a monster? "God, I'd rather die than to turn into one of them," Yujin told the other girl.

The man stopped in his tracks, turned around and glowered at the two girls behind him, "I'll kill you if you change." His face darkened, and a hard, angry stare fixed itself in his eyes. If looks could kill, Yujin and Eunyu would've been dead by now.

Eunyu was irritated by his words, "Likewise," she shot back with a scowl. Pointing the taser in her hands to the man, "I think this works for you,", referring to the time when the supermarket owner had tased him. Eunyu then rolled her eyes at the man as she grabbed Yujin's hand and walked up the stairs, bumping into the man's shoulders lightly as she passed him.

Yujin tugged at Eunyu's sleeves, signalling for her to stop. The two girls stopped in their tracks as Yujin turned her head around, looking at the man behind him, pity evident in her eyes. "Please get treated for your wound, or else you'll get an infection," she said to him with an apologetic smile. Eunyu looked at Yujin disapprovingly and grabbed her hands again, pulling her up the stairs and urging her to leave.

Hearing Yujin's remarks, the man stood in place and stared at the two girls walking in front of him with his narrowed eyes. Part of him was irritated by Eunyu's harsh words, but at the same time, part of him was amused by Yujin's caring ones.

As the two girls slowly left his sight, a deep chuckle left his lips. "How interesting..."

/author's note/

Sooo it's new year's eve today! Just wanted to say a happy new year to you all in advance :) 

May all of you have a wonderful, happy, and fruitful year ahead! Stay safe as always and take care.

Thank you for all of your support on this Eunhyuk fanfic <3 I am so so so grateful for each and every one of you! I will try my best and continue to bring more and more chapters to you all :)

If you're enjoying the book, feel free to vote, it would mean the world to me :) Love you all!