[ 𝟐𝟏 ]

Yujin lazily skipped down the hallway with her gaze fixed on the ground

Yujin lazily skipped down the hallway with her gaze fixed on the ground. She barely rounded the corner before she slammed into someone's chest, the sudden force made the petite girl falter and stumbled backward.

"Shit, sorry," she muttered a quick apology, feeling her embarrassment for her clumsiness heat up her cheeks. "It's alright." a deep, raspy voice echoed through the corridor.

Yujin's neck immediately snapped up and her eyes widened after recognizing the owner of the voice, Eunhyuk.

Glancing up at the tall boy before her and meeting his honey-brown eyes, a small grin tugged at Yujin's lips as she struggled to contain it. Seeing him in front of her, she was strangely happy, ecstatic even. Her eyes glazed over him, his disheveled hair, his perfect smile, his kissable lips.

Stop, Yujin. Stop.

She ignored the way her heart was beating slightly faster at the mere presence of the boy and tried her best to put on a straight face, "Eunhyuk! What are you up to?"

Eunhyuk shrugged at her question and stated nonchalantly, "I was going to the security room, to check on the cameras..." Yujin nodded at his reply and hummed in recognition.

"How about you? Where are you going?"
"Oh, I'm just heading to the game center."

Yujin couldn't help but noticed how Eunhyuk's face fell slightly at her answer, as if he was upset or something. A small frown made its way on his face as he asked the girl, "The game center? But that's where Seokhyeon and Hyunsoo is."

"Yeah... I was about to go find Hyunsoo," she said to the boy hesitatingly, unsure of what to say. "Hyunsoo? Why are you finding him? He's dangerous." Eunhyuk asked again in an unpleasant tone, irritation evident on his face as his brows became knitted.

This time, it was Yujin's turn to be upset.

Her eyebrows were furrowed upon hearing his words, "What do you mean by dangerous? He's still a human, Eunhyuk."

"Hyunsoo is turning into a monster, Yujin. You know that. You could get hurt!"
"I know that, but Hyunsoo is my friend, and he certainly didn't do anything wrong. Besides, all I wanted to do was check on him and see if he was okay."

"What do you mean he's your friend? Cha Hyunsoo is your friend?" He raised his voice slightly and questioned her with a disapproving look. He didn't know why he was acting like this all of a sudden. He couldn't seem to describe the unknown yet immensely unpleasant feeling that was bubbling inside of him, his thoughts becoming muddled inside his head.

Was it anger? Irritation? Annoyance?

"What is it to you, seriously? What's wrong with me being friends with him?" Yujin asked, her head tilted to the side in utter confusion. A thousand thoughts raced through her mind, but she simply couldn't figure out a rational explanation for why he was acting this way all of a sudden.

Eunhyuk was always calm and collected. Despite the difficult situation, he always managed to keep his composure and seemed unaffected. But here he was, emotions spilling out of him, his usual calmness and tranquility were nowhere to be found.

The tall boy simply left Yujin's question unanswered and continued on. "Wait wait wait, since when are you two suddenly friends? You two were just strangers hours ago and now suddenly you two are besties for life?" he scoffed mockingly at her, anger shadowing his tone.

"Eunhyuk, What the hell?" Yujin's eyes widen a fraction and gasped at his harsh remarks, utterly confused and perplexed by Eunhyuk's explosion of emotion. Her mouth fell agape as she was taken aback by his words, his anger.

All Yujin could think about that very moment was how unreasonable his sudden outburst was. Annoyance and disbelief were embracing her facial features, an obvious frown forming on her lips and she didn't bother to hide it anymore.

Eunhyuk said nothing, his lips pressed together in a thin line as Yujin's words resonated in his mind. Yeah seriously, Eunhyuk, what the hell? He asked himself.

He soon opened up his mouth and said again, "This is ridiculous, Yujin. You could get hurt by him!"

"Eunhyuk, why are you yelling at me?"
"Because I care about you!"
"Since when do you care?"

As Yujin's question escaped her lips, Eunhyuk's mouth parted slightly in shock and he fell silent. Thousands of words ran through his mind but he couldn't think of a single word to say to her.

She was right. Why was he suddenly caring so much about who Yujin was hanging out with? Why was he suddenly caring about Yujin? Why was he so mad that Yujin was going to find Hyunsoo? What was wrong with him?

"I... I care about you, Yujin."
"Then why are you acting like this? Lashing out at me?"

"I'm just worried about you..." Eunhyuk voiced out quietly, stuttering a bit as he struggled to look Yujin in the eye.

Yujin narrowed her eyes into slits with Eunhyuk's words, not finding it a valid explanation for his behavior moments ago. "Well, maybe you should worry more about yourself, Eunhyuk. I can take care of myself."

Staring blankly at the petite girl, Eunhyuk had no idea how to react to the current situation. A scrutinized silence hung between the two, the only sound being heard in the quiet hallway was the slight buzzing of the lightbulb above their heads. The tension in the air was thick, neither of them knew what to say.

Eunhyuk wanted to apologize to the girl for lashing out at her, but then again he didn't think he was the only person at fault here. He was just worried about her safety, he didn't mean any harm.

"And if you don't mind, I'm gonna head off and hang out with my bestie for life now," she added, her words coming out harsher than she had expected.

"Yujin I-"
"Look, Eunhyuk, we're both probably not thinking straight right now. I seriously don't want to argue with you, so let's both just walk away, sounds good?"

Eunhyuk could've sworn he could see the hurt flashing through her eyes as Yujin said that. He quickly clamped his mouth shut, afraid to say anything that will hurt the girl even more.

"We'll talk later," Yujin stated quietly but loud enough for him to hear before walking off again, not sparing the boy another glance as she passed by him.

"God damn it." a sigh left Eunhyuk's lips, leaving the boy to his own thoughts as he stood in the empty hallway. The events of what had happened just seconds ago kept replying in his mind like a broken record.

He reached for his hair and ruffled it in frustration, Yujn's face clouded his mind as he picked up his feet and began making his way to the security room.

/author's note/

sooooo, the very first argument between the two :(((

what are your thoughts? who is at fault here? Eunhyuk or Yujin? Or both?

I wonder how long will they stay mad at each other and when they will make up hehe :p