[ 𝟑𝟐 ]

The knocked-out Sangwook scrambled in his sleep before his eyelids flew open suddenly, letting himself adjust to the light and blinking away the disorientation

Yuri, the woman with the crossbow earlier rushed towards him, opening the first-aid kit in her hand as she searched for the antiseptic spray. "Are you awake now?" she asked the man, but Sangwook simply muttered that he didn't need help.

The injured man slowly got up from the ground but quickly halted his movement when he felt someone grabbing onto his arm. His eyes pulled towards the woman beside him, noticing how determined she had looked as she insisted to examine his wound.

Despite being well aware that Yuri meant no harm and was only trying to help him, he still couldn't stop himself from feeling irritated. He wasn't used to having people showing him kindness, it gave him a strange feeling in his gut and he didn't like it.

Huffing out in annoyance, Sangwook flung her hand away stubbornly, almost shoving her to the floor as he made it clear that he didn't want Yuri's help at all.

"Your wound needs to be treated. Your bleeding has stopped but you're still injured." Yuri glanced up at him, pointing at the open wound on his shoulder as she insisted. But being the obstinate man he was, Sangwook simply ignored her words and continued walking towards the door.

Yuri made a mental note that Sangwook was a very stubborn guy as it dawned on her that no matter what she says, the man was not going to listen to her anytime soon.

Although she disapproved of his refusal and totally necessary stubbornness, Yuri decided that she would just let him be and swallowed down the urge to argue any further. After all, every patient has the right to refuse any unwanted medical treatment.

The two 18-year-olds sitting in the corner observed the scene quietly, feeling slightly awkward by the tense atmosphere. Sangwook didn't even bother to spare them both a glance as he approached the door, limping with every single step he took.

He tried to keep a straight face, but a stinging pain continuously shot through his injured shoulder blade even by the tiniest movement. It stung so bad that he had to grit his teeth together to prevent himself from cursing out loud.

"Wait- where are you going?" Yujin asked cautiously, shooting him a concerned stare. It was no doubt that Sangwook was a tough man, after all, Yujin did witness him literally beat up a monster in front of her very own eyes.

But he had just barely survived a monster attack, and his entire shoulder was injured and oozing with blood. What he should be doing right now is rest and get treated, so why was he rushing to leave? Where did he have to go?

With his lack of reply, Yujin asked him again, "Do you have to go somewhere?" Sangwook continued to leave her questions unanswered before he opened the door and slammed it shut, leaving the apartment without a single word.

Yujin got up from her seat frantically, ignoring the dull ache on her right shoulder when she launched herself up. "Should I like- should I go after him or something?" she asked the other three in the room, who looked just as clueless and confused as she was.

"Okay uh- Hyunsoo, stay here and stay safe. I will be right back," she said to the boy who was staring back at her blankly, before she picked up the axe laying on the ground and headed to the door to follow Sangwook.

"Sir, wait up!" Yujin called out to the man in the distance, momentarily forgetting to keep her voice down so as not to attract any monsters nearby.

Sangwook continued ignoring her calls and strode towards the stairs, Yujin sighed for the umpteenth time that day and picked up her pace to catch up with him.

Upon catching up with his pace, she gently tugged onto the sleeves of his blouse and told him, "You're hurt, you should get treated first before doing anything else."

"You're going to get an infection, and your wound will hurt like a bitch." she added, still not giving up despite being ignored numerous times.

Sangwook finally had enough and stopped in his tracks, he closed his eyes in annoyance and breathed out, "Listen, kid, I'm fine. So you can shut up."

"Ouch, my feelings are hurt," Yujin covered her mouth and faked an exaggerated gasp, pretending to be offended by his words. She then decided that she was done teasing him and settled with simply saying, "Alright, fine, but I'm coming with you,"

Sangwook turned to look at the 18-year-old, his eyes narrowing in concentration as he quietly observed her. A part of him was beyond irritated by her snarky remarks and know-it-all attitude, but at the same time, he was also slightly amazed to find someone almost as stubborn as him.

Letting out a deep sigh, Sangwook muttered to the girl, "Whatever." She let out a toothy grin after hearing his response, smiling victoriously knowing that she had won their little "fight".

"Where are you going anyway?" Yujin asked with curiosity while trailing right behind Sangwook up the stairs like a lost puppy. "I have to find evidence," he responded curtly, not bothering to explain any further.

Yujin tilted her head in confusion, pondering on his answer before asking him, "Evidence? Why?" Sangwook looked back at her for a moment, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Cause an old friend of mine asked me for a favor. Paid me 7800 won for it."