[ 𝟐𝟗 ]

"I'm going with him

"I'm going with him."

The air fell completely silent the second Yujin's words came out of her mouth, both Hyunsoo and Eunhyuk stared at the girl in disbelief.

"No, you're not," Eunhyuk deadpanned, frowning at Yujin with his eyebrows furrowed together. As expected, Eunhyuk immediately disapproved of her idea.

Yujin pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration and let out a breathy sigh, "Hyuk, please. I want to go with him-"

Eunhyuk reached forward and grabbed onto her shoulders, "Do you have any idea how dangerous this is?" he questioned Yujin, his tone harsh and demanding.

He combed through his hair with his fingers in frustration, anger bubbled up in the pit of his stomach while he kept his intense gaze on her

"You're only gonna get yourself hurt, Park Yujin."
"But Eunhyuk, I just-"

Yujin opened her mouth to reply but was promptly stopped by Eunhyuk. "You know what? Go," The 18-year-old boy spoke, his eyes closed shut as he struggled to maintain calm, forcing down the pit of fire sitting in his stomach.

"Wh- what do you mean?"
"I said go."

"It doesn't matter what I say, because nothing will change your mind, right? So go ahead, go with Hyunsoo and be the superhero you've always wanted to be. Save the world, save all of us. But don't blame me when you get hurt on the way, or worse, get yourself killed." Eunhyuk told her, his demeanor calm yet venom was dripping from his words.

For a moment, Yujin couldn't speak. Her mind was utterly blank as she struggled to string together a coherent sentence. Yujin stared at the boy in front of her, his hurtful words stabbing straight into her heart like millions of sharp daggers, ripping it apart into tiny pieces.

Eunhyuk's gaze remained glued on Yujin, watching the girl silently as her eyes slowly became red and glassy and her lips began trembling.

The boy felt numb, yet at the same time, he had never felt so much anger. He felt guilty and ashamed for speaking that way to the girl who he cared so deeply for, yet anger still plagued his mind, blinding his eyes.

Eunhyuk couldn't even begin to process how reckless Yujin was being at the moment, completely disregarding her safety and how dangerous the situation was.

More importantly, he simply couldn't understand why Yujin was so persistent in tagging along. Why couldn't she just stay here with him, so that he could keep her safe and make sure that nothing bad happens to her?

His overprotectiveness had gotten the best of him again, hurting the ones he cared about the most.

With her head down low, Yujin let out a soft sniffle and mumbled, "You didn't have- have to say it like that." Eunhyuk could hear her voice waver, emotions breaking through but Yujin barely managed to swallow it down.

He opened his mouth to say something, to apologize, to make amends, but he closed it again before any words could come out. He silently blamed himself since he couldn't seem to say anything right these days. It was like he somehow knew just the right way to upset people with his words, and he hated himself for that.

With one last glance at Hyunsu and Yujin, Eunhyuk exhaled a long, frustrated sigh before turning around to leave the scene.

Staring at Eunhyuk's tall figure that's slowly disappearing into the narrow hallway, Yujin stood in place and blinked away the rising tears that were forming in her eye. Next to her, Hyunsu observed the girl silently when he felt an unknown feeling in his gut.

He felt almost as if he was angry at Eunhyuk for making Yujin upset again. He hated seeing Yujin like this, it pained him every single time.

The long-haired boy watched her tentatively when Yujin took a deep breath and let her eyes flutter shut. A few moments have passed and when her eyes flew open again, it was almost like she was a computer that has just rebooted its system.

The tears that grazed her eyes just mere seconds ago had now disappeared, and her lips were pressed together to form a tight-lipped smile. The smile was obviously forced, but even if Hyunsu had noticed it, he didn't say anything.

"Are you alright?" he asked the girl and watched her reaction closely. Her smile faltered for a second, but she quickly regain her composure and replied with a brisk, "Yeah, I suppose," trying to sound as nonchalant as she could.

Hyunsu hesitantly leaned forward, reached for her hand and hovered his hand above it. It took him a few seconds before he gathered enough courage to take her hand into his slightly trembling ones and squeezed it tight.

"I- I'm always here for you," he whispered, stuttering slightly as the kind words fell out of his mouth.

Despite feeling slightly taken aback, Yujin returned with a squeeze as well. This time, a genuine smile made its way across her face as she answered, "I know, and I'm glad you're here,"

/author's note/

hello and thank you to those who are still reading this book! it has definitely been a while since the last chapter, my apologies :(

why are eunhyuk and yujin always arguing...

anyway has anyone seen squid game on netflix? it's soooo good i might actually consider writing a fic for it?

thank you for reading, you're the best!!! love u all to the moon and back<3