[ 𝟐𝟔 ]

The sun had just risen when Yujin was standing in front of the door of the game center

The sun had just risen when Yujin was standing in front of the door of the game center. The girl had just woken up from her slumber not so long ago, and with everyone still asleep, she decided to go to the game center and check up on Hyunsoo.

Her hand reached for the doorknob and slowly pushed the door open, trying her best to be quiet and keep the screeching of the door hinges as subtle as possible, hoping that she wasn't disturbing Hyunsoo's sleep.

It was only the break of dawn, after all.

"Hyunsoo, are you awake?" she whispered quietly while peeking her head inside of the dimly lit room, searching the area for the boy.

The second the door was opened, the pungent smell of sweat mixed with the metallic tinge of blood gushed out of the stuffy room, making Yujin scrunched up her nose in disgust.

"Shit, this place smells like death!" she exclaimed, her voice only loud enough for her to hear.

Her eyes swiftly scanned across the room and her brows immediately became furrowed when she caught sight of Yoonjae, the strange man with the bruises and cuts on his face crouching in front of Hyunsoo.

"What does it feel like?" the man questioned Hyunsoo with an oddly creepy smile, his smile growing wider with each second as he looked at Hyunsoo dead in the eye.

Hyunsoo stayed quiet, clearly uncomfortable with the situation and the man's sudden odd question, while Yoonjae's smile slowly turned into a disturbing chuckle. "You feel so powerful, don't you?" he added.

Yujin observed the scene before her quietly, her face quickly turning into an unfriendly scowl. "What the hell does he want?" she mumbled under her breath, clearly not happy with the situation.

"How can I become like that? Tell me," Yoonjae pressed on, while Hyunsoo just continued staring at him with his big doe eyes and a look of bewilderment on his face.

Hyunsoo's mouth hung open slightly, clearly weirded out by the strange man who was literally inches next to him. Yoonjae was sitting way too close for his liking, the proximity making the 18-year-old boy incredibly anxious and uneasy.

He had a strong urge to say something, to push the older man away, to tell him to cut it out. But he just couldn't, his fear getting the best of him while he silently cursed at himself for being such a coward, once again.

With Hyunsoo's lack of response, Yoonjae asked once more, "Tell me. What should I do?"

Bang!

"I swear to god if you don't get the hell away from him right now, I will break your neck-" Yujin pushed the door open, the piece of metal crashing on the wall, creating a loud noise.

The furious girl dashed towards them, her sudden presence scaring both males. Their heads immediately snapped in the direction of her voice before Yujin shoved Yoonjae hard, making him stumble to the ground with a loud thud.

The man sitting on the ground glanced up at the brunette with the same spine-chilling smile and responded, "What do you mean? I didn't do anything,"

Yujin bit the inside of her cheeks, trying her hardest to stay calm and not waste her energy lashing out at someone like Yoonjae.

With a loud scoff, Yujin rolled her eyes at the man and seethed through gritted teeth, "I'll only say this once, you creep. Don't you dare speak to Hyunsoo again, ever!"

Yoonjae was ready to retort back but before he could even open his mouth, a pair of hands suddenly grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him up with much force. He tried to struggle and pushed away whoever it was but he immediately stopped his miserable attempt when he realized that Sangwook was the one grabbing him.

The taller male with a cigarette in his mouth didn't say anything, but simply grabbed Yoonjae by the neck and exited the game center without a single word. Yujin and Hyunsoo stared at the scene with their mouth hung open, unsure of what just happened but decided that it was probably for the best if they remained silent and stayed out of his way.

When they finally left the game center, Yujin immediately turned around and reached for Hyunsoo's face, cupping and squishing his cheeks together.

"Are you okay? Did he do anything to you? Are you hurt? What did he say?" she bombarded Hyunsoo with all kinds of questions, her voice filled with worry.

Yujin raised her eyebrows at the boy's lack of reply, her hands reaching down for his shoulders and shaking them lightly. "Why aren't you speaking? Did something happen?" she questioned as his dark brown orbs innocently stared into hers.

"Hyunsoo, don't scare me please-" she pleaded, her lips beginning to quiver as worry filled her entire body.

Yujin was almost ready to slap Hyunsoo across his face just to make him gain his senses back when his lips suddenly pull up into an innocent smile.

"What the hell?" the girl blinked, utter confusion displaying on her features. "What the hell, Cha Hyunsoo?" she repeated before raking her eyes over his face, searching his face for any clues as to what exactly was happening.

Hyunsoo shook his head gently, his smile never fading as he stared into Yujin's eyes. "I'm okay, don't worry," the boy explained vaguely. His reply did nothing to ease Yujin's raging anxiety and the look of puzzlement was still evident on her face, "Why- then why are you smiling?" she breathed out.

"I'm just happy."
"What? Why?"
"Because you care."

Hyunsoo's reply made her pause, the girl immediately averted her gaze from him as her eyes darted across the room. "I- uh- of course I care, we're friends," Yujin told him, a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"I'm glad we're friends, Yujin," Hyunsoo spoke with a smile before looking down at his lap and fumbling with his fingers, a habit of his when he gets nervous.

"Me too," Yujin responded as she returned the smile, patting his shoulders lightly as a light chuckle escaped her lips.

"But Hyunsoo,"
"Hmm?"
"Don't you dare scare me like that again!"

/author's note/

hi friends! sooo this is more of a filler chapter showing how creepy that man was and also moe importantly, the friendship of Hyunsoo and Yujin.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter and i'll try my best to start writing the new chapter tomorrow if i have the time~

thank you all for reading :)