[ 𝟏𝟗 ]

Eunhyuk picked up the next ballot and unfolded the paper. "Opposed," he opened his mouth and said, making the already furious male turn his head and look at him. "It's eight to eight," Eunhyuk added and looked around the room.

"Damn it!" Seokhyeon narrowed his eyes, a cruel scowl formed on his face as he leaned forward towards his wife and asked, "Did you oppose?" Yujin noticed how his wife's eyes would be filled with terror whenever Seokhyeon speak to her.

How bad could he have treated his wife to make her so afraid of him?

"I- I didn't," his wife hastily responded, her voice trembling with fear. Seokhyeon quickly turned around and looked in the direction of Jisu and Jaeheon, the two people Hyunsoo was with earlier. "All the bitches and bastards on his side should all be thrown out!"

Irritated by his nasty remarks, "Hey, mister-" Jisu hissed before Eunhyuk interrupted her, "Don't get worked up yet." Eunhyuk slowly picked up the last folded paper on the desk, the last vote, and said, "The last vote will determine the result."

Everyone looked at the boy anxiously, desperate to know about what Hyunsoo's fate would be. To live, or to die. Yujin's eyes were fixed on Eunhyuk's hands, her heart picked up its pace as she fumbled with her fingers. Please... let it be a cross...

Eunhyuk stared at the paper he just unfolded, eyebrows raising slightly, making everyone even more curious. He slowly turned the paper around, before opening it and showing it to the residents. 

Squinting her eyes slightly in an attempt to get a better look, she saw that on the paper was a red circle with a cross over it.

"Invalid." the tall boy behind the desk said. Everyone had a look of bewilderment on their faces and Yujin subtly let out a breath of relief. Seokhyeon immediately sprinted towards Eunhyuk and grabbed the paper with the bizarre drawing, wanting to make sure that he wasn't hallucinating, and that someone actually drew that.

He couldn't believe his eyes. He couldn't believe that people were actually in favor of Hyunsoo staying. Staring at the paper in his hand, he clenched his jaw and his body shook with anger, "No way..."

"Bring that bastard here."
"Me?"
"Yes! We have to get rid of him as fast as we can!"

With the command of the furious male, Byungil hesitated slightly before dashing outside the room to find Hyunsoo, afraid to piss off Seokhyeon even more.

The older male scrunched up the voting papers and threw them on the floor in frustration, "Voting, my ass!" he glowered at Eunhyuk. Turning around to face the rest of the residents, "Are you all nuts? Did you already forget that someone died?" His sudden loud voice startling many.

"Are you against the voting result?" Eunhyuk said to the shouting male, adding fuel to his already burning anger. "What? Taking part in murder? Murder is killing a human being, not a monster!" Seokhyeon hissed before grabbing the desk and slamming it onto the ground. 

Yujin stared at the male who was lashing out with a disapproving look, with every passing second she hated him even more.

Drip drip.

Everybody fell silent when blood began gushing out of his nose, trickling down his face as it dripped down onto the floor and painting the wooden surface a deep red. "Honey..." his wife gasped, her mouth wide open in shock.

He immediately lifted his hands and covered his nose as if it would stop the bleeding. The residents gathered around him began fanning out, their eyes widened in shock, clearly afraid of the bleeding man.

"It's just... it's because I'm tired!" Seokhyeon yelled frantically, trying to explain and defend himself. However, no one believed him. Because every single person in that room knew, he was turning.

With each step he took forward, people took a step backward. "Don't come near us!" someone from the crowd screamed out. They didn't want to be near him, showing the same fear and animosity he had shown to Hyunsoo just minutes ago.

As he continued walking forward with his head down, Seokhyeon bumped into someone. As he glanced up at the tall figure before him, he realized it was Hyunsoo.

Looking down at him with his emotionless eyes, "You better brace yourself," said Hyunsoo, which earned a puzzled look from Seokhyeon. "If you don't want to be eaten by a monster," Hyunsoo continued, his intense gaze staring straight into Seokhyeon's eyes.

"You son of a bitch!" Seokhyeon hissed with his hands still over his nose. Yujin stared at the man incredulously, even now that he's turning into a monster and his own life was on the line, he still managed to be mean to Hyunsoo.

Hyunsoo tore his eyes away from the cursing man in front of him and kneeled down to pick up a piece of paper with a circle on it. "Do I have the right to vote too?" He asked calmly but received no answers. With the lack of reply, Hyunsoo continued on and asked, "If I put this in the box, he'll be thrown out with me, right?"

"Am I right?" He turned around and looked at the Seokhyeon with his eyes that were now pitch black, not one bit of white evident.

Before he could give him a reply, Seokhyeon's eyes slowly fluttered shut as he passed out. He slumped down in a loud thud and his body laid limp on the floor, making everyone gasped in horror.

Eyeing the unmoving man on the floor, Yujin didn't feel one bit of pity for him.

Karma is a bitch, I guess? Yujin thought.