[ 𝟒 ]

When Yujin entered the bathroom, she was met with a trembling Eunyu, who was frantically rubbing her face and her blood-splattered shirt with water. "Hey hey, you alright?" Yujin asked tenderly, worry displayed on her face.

However, Eunyu didn't give her a reply but just kept rubbing her shirt instead. Eunyu was clearly freaking out, and Yujin couldn't help but feel sorry for the young girl. She must be traumatized by witnessing the monster attack.

Taking a hesitant step forward, Yujin reached out her arms and gently held onto Eunyu's face, slightly turning her head so that she was looking at her. Eunyu quickly looked down at the floor, trying her hardest to avoid eye contact with the older girl. "Look at me," Yujin began, a firm grip on Eunyu's cheeks, forcing her to look into her eyes.

Eunyu finally gave in and looked into Yujin's eyes. Her lips were quivering, she looked like she was on the verge of tears, panic evident in her eyes. "Eunyu... It's scary, I know," Yujin trailed off. "But you got this, I know you do. No matter what happens, I will be here for you... if you'll let me," she breathed out, offering a slight smile to Eunyu.

Eunyu was a bit taken aback by Yujin's kind words. The two girls haven't really been close, they just sort of knew each other's existence since they were living in the same building, but they were certainly not friends. Eunyu wasn't sure why Yujin was being affectionate towards her all of a sudden, but she definitely wasn't complaining.

It would be nice to have a female friend for once, I guess. Eunyu thought.

Silently nodding, Eunyu screwed her eyes shut and took a deep breath. "Let's get you cleaned up then," Yujin smiled softly, taking a few steps towards the sink and grabbed a few paper towels before wetting them at the tap.

"Why are you being nice to me?" Eunyu inquired straightforwardly, genuinely curious as to why Yujin was treating her this way. Yujin let out a small chuckle, amused by the younger girl's bluntness and her sudden question.

"Because you remind me of my younger self," she exhaled, walking towards Eunyu and slowly dabbing the wet paper towels over the bloodstains on her shirt. "What... happened to your younger self?" Eunyu asked again, hesitantly this time as she didn't want to overstep.

A bitter smile crept across Yujin's face, Eunyu's question triggered the memories of her parents which were buried deep inside her for a long time. She remembered the smile of her mother, the laughter of her father, the simple but happy days they used to spend together— Stop, Yujin, those days were over.

"Well, both of my parents passed away two years ago, in a plane crash actually. And here I am, living alone in a tiny and old apartment, without a family, without friends," Yujin sighed in frustration, hands still busy wiping away the blood on Eunyu's shirt. She hated remembering her parents, because she would always reminisce about the great life she used to have. Loving parents, a happy family, a big circle of friends. But those things are gone, all gone, and all she had left now was herself.

Eunyu looked at the 18-year-old in pity, they were just the same. Eunyu and Eunhyuk's parents also passed away back when they were young, leaving the siblings alone in this world. She knew just how hard it was to live without their parents, to miss them everyday, to wish they were alive.

"I'm sorry for asking," Eunyu mumbled apologetically. "No worries," a small smile on Yujin's face, clearly forced. Despite the smile, Eunyu could tell that the girl was upset, hurt and sorrow evident in her eyes.

Maybe the future ahead of them both would be difficult, but at least now the two girls had each other.

/author's note/
a short filler chapter~ How do you guys feel about Eunyu and Yujin's friendship? I kinda wanted Yujin to be somewhat of a sister figure to Eunyu in the story... 

Anyway, how is the story so far? I'm not so sure about it... I feel like it's not interesting/exciting enough :((( 

Feel free to give any feedback or share your thoughts with me! If you are enjoying the story so far, don't forget to vote :) lots of love <3